Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Where ever Leo is shooting! Ha Ha! lmao! No, just kidding...
A big meat shoot is actually what it says,,,,they have a lot of hams, turkeys, sides of bacon, tenderloin,,,,you name it,,,they shoot for it..

Hope that helps ya...
Grizzly

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
skeet410,

See the attached link. Here in the northeast, meat shoots are commonly held at VFW's and American Legions, and have nothing to do with shooting. Go figure.

LA in MA

·
Registered
229 Posts
My first shoot was an "Annual Field Day" and it was a meat shoot.
I walked away with 3 hams, a turkey, a bushel of apples and a huge smile.
"Big Meat" shoots are some of my best memories of my youth.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
What is a

So, Tronny what makes you an expert on Don's ability to hit the bottom of a tuna can? I've heard skeeters like short barrels, Anything to that?

Jimmy

·
Registered
14,692 Posts
What is a

Around here, the big meat shoots also include a trophy shoot. The trophy may or may not stay at the club. Some of the trophies go back to the 40's and 50's.

Every Sunday there is a Meat, shell,or money shoot somewhere within 30 minutes. The clubs rotate Sundays, and each club always has the same Sunday of the month. 20-22 squads is not uncommon. They are either 50 or 100 birds. Usually 25 targets at 16 yards and 25 at 20 yards.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,967 Posts
What is a

Shootlow, can you please clarify something. Did you shoot "for" a goat or "with" a goat??

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
What is a

Oxford Gun Club, Oxford Pa is holding a Big Meat Shoot this Sunday Sept 5th. It's a 50 bird Lewis class shoot. Prizes are: NY Strip Steaks, Oven Stuffers, Hams, Beef or Pork Roasts, and Deli Bacon. Come on out, we will be glad to show you what it's about. Good friends and good fun.

Rich (home for a few days) in Indiana

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.