Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Save some money. PM me your address and I'll send you a "PLEASE BURGLARIZE MY HOUSE" sticker for free.

-Gary

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
My wife's favorite door hanger, and a lesson in proper eye alignment.

yakimaman_2011_28046.jpg

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
A cop at the gym told me they arrested a couple dirtbags who had committed a long series of local burglaries. Their sole means of choosing homes to target was following people home who had Browning decals on their vehicles.

-Gary

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
It's really a shame that we can't advertise/celebrate our sport more with this sort of thing. I don't even chance a bumper sticker. Bill

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Yes, it is a shame, but we have to be smart. America's social engineering experiment, which we Baby Boomers created, specifically encourages the breeding of the least capable humans and this generates sloth and criminals. We can't guard our homes 24/7 and the Police have no prayer of protecting us so we need to be as stealthy as possible. Advertising that you have guns or putting "intimidating" stickers or posters near your door is just plain asking for trouble. Why challenge some cracked-up doper or self-proclaimed hard ass? Be ready, but don't ask for it. Think about it.

-Gary

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are right. Thanks for the reminder. Doesn't keep me from using my IL-FOID card as a picture id.

I took my "I'd rather be trapshooting" bumper sticker off my car long ago. Covered it with white duct tape as you can see on the left side of my bumper. Best I've got now is a tail.

joekuhn_2008_0303199.jpg

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Joe, what is the life expectancy of a mail box like that in Chicago? Where I live ,they aren't stolen, just used for batting practice. I finally went to an expensive rubber mailbox. So far they have only beat the flag off of it.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
One local fella was inovative in regard to his mailbox getting ball batted. He placed a length of PVC pipe to provide a place for the mail in the box and poured the rest of the box full of cement. Took a few days but he found a broken bat in the area of the box, remnant of the next attempt to "drive it down the road". Bet that hurt a bit!

Big Jack

·
Registered
293 Posts
I used to have a problem with the mailbox at my rural school being battered bt baseball bats.

I took a piece of stove pipe that just fit inside the mail box, filled the void with concrete and put it back out on the post.

Never had a problem after that.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
yakimaman, that looks like Gena Rowlands in the movie "Gloria".

brianinoregon_2008_0303333.jpg

Model 60 2" barrel.

brianinoregon_2008_0303334.jpg

Model 60 and a Model 27 N-frame .357, w/ probably a 3.5" barrel, maybe 4". Hard to tell at this angle.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
According to an Internet database that tracks guns used in the movies, it's a Model 27. But yes, they could be in error.

For those who don't know, the Model 27 was a premium gun from S&W, with a 100% checkered sighting plane including the top of the frame, and highly polished blueing. The Model 28 was plain on top with a brushed satin finish to make it more affordable to policemen and police departments. Otherwise it is every bit as good as a Model 27.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Brian, Gena it is - the last Hollywood "dame". My kinda woman.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts