Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love hearing the trapper call out, "Five all". I love seeing pre Juniors and Sub Juniors out there competing with adults and Veterans. I love seeing old timers who give each other crap and who can still shoot to back it up. Last night I saw and heard all those things. On one funny occasion a squad of retirees was waiting for the last member to get to their handicap round. He had to be at least 80 years old and as he was shuffling to post 3 on the line he said, "You boys are shooting from the 27 huh? That's cute, I shoot from 28 and 3/4." Then he yells to the trapper (puller), "Let's see one!" Lol. Amidst all this pandemic, political, riotous crap we have going on, trapshooting has helped me to remain grounded and to appreciate a little more the fun and simple things in life. A truly happy shooting to all.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
There is no doubt this sport has some of the best people I have ever met. Wether I shoot good or not the friends I have made in this sport is what keeps me coming back. Recently I have seen quite a few new shooters come out to the club and everyone is so willing to help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's a trapper? lol

Hauxfan!
It’s what we call our “Puller” because they do more than just ‘pull’ targets. And we don’t call em trap ‘kids’ because all the board members help out loading traps, pulling, and evening picking up empties.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
It’s what we call our “Puller” because they do more than just ‘pull’ targets. And we don’t call em trap ‘kids’ because all the board members help out loading traps, pulling, and evening picking up empties.
Thanks, sharptail, I had just never heard them call that before. The only "trappers" I had heard about were people setting traps and trapping animals to sell the pelts for the money.

I've known quite a few people to do that.

Oh well, call them what you will.........

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
239 Posts
What I Love About Our Sport -
  • The comraderie of shooters, both those I have met and those I have yet to meet.
    • Shooting on a squad with new people who become friends.
    • Becoming reacquainted with friends met before. Shot with a guy yesterday who took a picture of my family at a shoot 8-10 years ago. I had remembered his name, and saw it on his shooting bag. Became reacquainted when we shot together. The picture was a nice remembrance of when my children were younger.
  • Personal Improvement and competing to better my scores.
  • Pulling it all together sometimes and winning a trophy.
  • The Italian Sub at Michigan Trapshooting Association.
  • Watching new shooters develop in the sport.
  • Those who share their wisdom and knowledge of the sport to help other shooters.
  • Any Vet or Senior Vet who still smokes targets and serves as an inspiration to the rest of us.
  • Meeting trapshooters.com people in person.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm new to the league shooting game and last night was the first time I heard " Five All". That was fun to hear! Must have went to my head. Then I dropped one on the next station and had to listen to the scorer call out 5-5-4-5-5 not near as much fun. HA HA!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts