Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to hear everyones thoughts on the best years of their early lives a.k.a your peak years. Not to downplay our later years because we all have "adult" memories that we should have after growing up. I am looking for what you think about when your dive back in the memory bank?

I will start out! Summer of 85 working in a PT job while home for college. It was a summer amusement park and it was like being in college every night of the week! We partied like crazy. The girls were everywhere and it was a magical time. I had a person who was "old" probably 25 at the time tell me that I should enjoy this time because it would be over soon. It stuck with me and when I got into the "real world" it really hit home.

I now look back and think holy cow it has been over 25 years since then and now I am looking at those kids as being puppies. My how the time flies. Youth is fleeting and should be enjoyed.

God Bless all of you, Love this site!!

·
Registered
12,467 Posts
I'll have to say 1994, lost my retirement job and had to go back to falling timber.

Was fortunate to get to fall some of the nicest Douglas Fir and Spruce tree's I had ever seen. Started in June of that year and ended in October. Average stump diameter was 3 feet. Fell lots that were 4 feet and a few 6 footers.

All the while a group of eco-freaks from San Francisco were trying to shut us down. I was falling right up against the Pasaytn Wilderness. Ha Ha they didn't succeed!! It was a helicopter sale, no level ground except the road. From the road it went from 60% to 80% slope. BOY could those trees go down hill fast!!!

The last month I and my cutting partner got to do a line skid unit because the company fallers were to afraid to do it. Lots of draws with windfalls. Piece of cake for us. Love to cut clear cuts, a lot more safer then select cuts!

But in the scheme of things, I guess the eco-freaks have won, logging is but a thing of the past, Wildfires are the present and future of the Forest.

God help us!!

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
1982, the year I got married.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Brian, does you wife read this thread also? ;-)

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
They have all been great, some better than others but I wouldn't change one thing

But life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer to the end the faster it goes

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
1975 worked the summer at mt McKinley nat'l park. It was a crazy beautiful time and place, and literally raining puddy cats. Bill

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
1977 to 1980 single, tougher than a nail, and good looking! It don't get better than that. Didn't have to worry about getting something that would kill you then either. Penicillin cured it all. :) I do now enjoy every minute I have. Sometimes you have to come close to losing it all to really appreciate what you already have.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
likes-to-shoot, no, she doesn't. Why?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts