Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOLKS ,
What has a higher rib the BT 100 or the BT 99 PLUS ? About how high of a POI can you get a 99 PLUS to shoot ? ( 60/40-70/30-80/20 )
Thank you in advance for your time & help.
BILL

·
Registered
648 Posts
Owned them both and although I never measured either, I think the 99 plus rib was a little higher.

Either gun will shoot as high as you like, all you need to do is raise your comb. Forget this silly figure 8 crap. Shot mine at about 90/10.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I had a bt 99 plus and I had to jack the comb up so high that the set screws dented the hollow tops of the aluminum posts. A LOT of my friends had the same problem--they are VERY hard to get to shoot high enough for most ppl who shoot a relatively high gun.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
My 99 Plus is set to shoot about 12" high at 40 yards which is about 100% based on a 22-24 inch sure kill pattern from my LF choke.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bill

I have both and they measure as follows:

BT-100 32" Barrel - Rib is 5/8” high at receiver and tapers down to 3/8 high at muzzle.

BT-99 Plus 34" Barrel – Rib is 13/16 high at receiver and tapers down to 5/8" high at muzzle, my current setting. The 99 Plus has an adjustable rib and according to the manual can be adjusted for POI from 3" to 12" at 40yrds.

If you have any specific questions just email me.

Harry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.