Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xiE5AQHKj_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
That is funny. Colorado will really be laid back now. You think all the adjoining states will have dope road blocks setup to check for weed? Check every airplane flying all over the country from Colorado at every designation? Dope shops at the Airport? Get your Hot Dog and Grass at the same Kiosk? Watch the other states fall in line after Colorado shows them how much can be gained from taxes, just like the Lottery, and Gambling. It's easy tax money. Weed has been around forever. What do you think was smoked before tobacco? Hemp rope that's what. Every sailor that sailed the seven sea's smoked hemp. It wasn't even illegal in the USA until the 1930's. In most countries of the world it's still not illegal. Go figure.......Then have a joint.

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
The brain dead liberal radicals will say its no different than alcohol. A beer or glass of wine is a great beverage with spaghetti. The only reason for grass is to get high. They will argue that it takes the profit away from the drug dealers and that is a cop-out for stricter mandatory prison terms for them. And I believe it is a stepping stone to heavier narcotics...plus the grass today is much stronger than that of ten or fifteen years ago according to reports. ed

·
Premium Member
18,773 Posts
On the news the other night, it was reported that towns like Boise City, Oklahoma are getting drug dogs, and more cops to combat the drug traffic that they assume will pick up, now that Colorado made pot legal. I also read in the Amarillo paper that the tax on marijuana is 29% in Colorado.

·
Administrator
8,516 Posts
It will be interesting to see the real fallout in the rise in crime domestic and otherwise from this.I would think it will also be interesting to see what the administrators of nursing homes will be doing when the flower children of the 60s that are now in their care start asking for their weed ect. will they have to set up an area away from the oxygen lines? (LMAO)!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Your airline pilot in CO will smoke a joint or two after dinner the night before your flight, so will your cardiologist because it relaxes him before he does bypass surgery, that bus driver, that truck driver - who knows. Legal or not I wouldn't want to trust my life or that of my family to someone who was smoking dope yesterday. (and no, I'm not naive enought to think that some of this is not happening anyway). Put drug users in rehab, drug sellers in mass graves.

·
Registered
14,903 Posts
Yakkerman, so you wouldn't trust your life to a person that drank a beer yesterday either? Same difference. Try it, ya might like it.

Oh, and put all drinkers in a mass grave also?

GneJ

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
Hippie...yes I would trust my life to a person that had a beer yesterday. Beer has not been proven to come back years later and screw up your head..drugs have. I offer as evidence the rantings of radical liberal Beckel an admitted drug and alcohol abuser. He would eat the dog droppings off the lawn if obama said it was a tootsie roll. How about you? ed

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Let's all have one more joint for the road, ok?

And for the hippie....if I had my way I'd execute every single dealer of illicit drugs in this country. Line 'em up at the edge of the trench - one shot in the head and in they go - cover that trench up and dig another.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
This is nothing new, Pot has been coming into this country by the hundreds of tons for years, plus all that is grown in the states. Who do you think has been smoking all of it? Your neighbor you son or daughter, doctor, dentist, mailman, or that trap shooter on post 5, maybe all?

I make my living from the alcohol business, but from personal experience I would much rather start the day with a co-worker that smoked a little pot the night before, ate a BIG dinner and went to bed, as compared to the worker that shows up with a hangover, and is not worth a $hit all day.

I am with Barker don't fight it:)

·
Premium Member
18,773 Posts
I understand that marijuana is traceable in your body for 30 days.

·
Administrator
8,516 Posts
In the area of MT. that I live in there was a very large surge in drug crimes when we had the "care-giver" situation.There were doctors signing off on just about everything so that someone could get their green card ect.Just the facts as I seen them in my area.HOw is someone who is pleasantly mellow on the job-site insured when the are not quite paying attention and cut-burn-bang or crash?THe same as if they were drunk per buzzed?My choice would be not to work with them as the would be a safety hazard to themselves and their co-workers.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I predict that there will be a huge increase in lung cancer in MJ users, now that it's legal in some states. Years ago, Carter's Surgeon General admitted this, and Pot was not legalized because of the smoking harm. Indigestible-only should be the only legal way to consume weed. Colon cancer is a much more just reward.

I find it extremely hypocritical of the liberals who cry and stomp their feet for legalized pot, while they scream to ban cigarettes as evil. Who is going to pay for all this additional disease? (rhetorical question)

Kip

·
Registered
14,903 Posts
Yakkerman, could you change your statement "if I had my way I'd execute every single dealer of illicit drugs in this country" to "if I had my way I'd execute every single dealer of LEGAL drugs in this country." After all, people thought the same thing about legalizing alcohol also.

Not to mention those that preached about the crazy people that wanted to carry a concealed handgun, and all the bloodshed that was bound to follow. Only difference is the one doing the preaching.

GneJ

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I predict little change in the lives of users or non users. People that are going to smoke pot are going to smoke pot, legal or not. People that don't like to smoke pot are not going to smoke pot, legal or not. I haven't smoked pot in 30 years and I'll bet I could find some in an hour and I live in Ca. where it is still illegal. Availability has not been an issue.

Darr

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
For the record, I am not someone who uses pot.

All the arguments forget the practice of moderation that is exercised my rational responsible users.

I am in the habit of drinking some red table wine with my pasta at evening meal. I also drink warmed honey with rum when I am suffering a cold. No harm, no foul, because moderation keeps things responsible. In some peoples minds, that makes me a drinker, surely headed to chaos and destruction. I assure you, my habits are a lot different than the worthless man who used to come in the door in the middle of the night in a fit of rage and would yank mother and kids out of bed to beat them, destroying everything in his path. I am glad that man is long dead.

I have known people who smoked pot. Came home from work, started a fire in the webber grill, and spent a quiet, peaceful evening at home type guys. I see no problem in that house. I am sure there are irresponsible users of pot, just as my personal experience with an irresponsible drinker.

I think the same personality strengths and weaknesses are true with alcohol and cannabis.

We have a long history in our society of blaming things rather than holding people responsible for their actions.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have a question and maybe someone can answere this.

Here is the scenario.

A carpenter is working at a new home and for whatever reason, cuts off a finger with a power saw. He goes to the ER and tells the admission clerk what happened. As soon as he states he did this at work, it becomes a Workman's Comp. case. Typically, unless the injury is life-threatening, he either takes a piss test or blood is drawn or both to check for drug or alcohol before he is treated. I personally have seen this here in Missouri.

Now this worker either lives in Colorado or maybe a state that has medical marijuana and he has a prescription.

Once the results come back from the drug test and it is positive for marijuana, will Workman's Comp. pay for treatment and any missed time due to the injury?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts