Trapshooters Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Not your situation, but it’s not uncommon to have pierced primers in a Kolar shooting 20 ga gun club shells. Happened to me a few times, so I stopped shooting them.

·
Registered
33,580 Posts
Not sure you've heard but Remington Company is no more. The brand is now part of the Federal family.
There has been countless threads containing articles and videos about the purchase of part of Remington by Vista and lo and behold the same facilities and the same people are running the operation.

Reactions: alf174

·
Registered
590 Posts
There has been countless threads containing articles and videos about the purchase of part of Remington by Vista and lo and behold the same facilities and the same people are running the operation.
Good stock to buy, up 6% today, 11% since March. I'm accumulating.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Are you sure that damage isn’t from you spiking the hull into the basket after a loss? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you do that. :devilish:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I purchased these about a month ago and they were new manufacture Remington Gun Clubs. I was practicing today with my Model 12 for the nostalgia shoot at the Grand in a few weeks when I encountered three of them that blew the the primer apart. You can look straight through the hull and the anvil is present but loose and easily removed. The two ok looking ones are what 68 of them looked like, and the other one is just pierced but did not come apart. 75 rounds....68 good, 3 blown apart, 4 pierced.

Opinions? I do plan on taking them to the Remington rep at the Grand. I never had an issue with other types of ammo in this gun.

View attachment 1759750 View attachment 1759751
Friend of mine sent me these pictures as a heads up from the club a few days ago. The two shells below came from the same box, with a date stamp of 2021 04. The unfired one was found in the condition you see on the top row of the box, the other, he fired and the cap of the primer disappeared leveing a metal smear on the breach face of his skeet gun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had a problem with STS 410 shells and contacted vista and they a case and half of fired hulls and 6 unfired boxes with 2 new cases

41 - 50 of 50 Posts