Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to the ATS auto mate 2 for Ponesness/Warren 800 plus I have the video
on my computer for the P/W but looks like the do not make the any more.
I am getting sore arm and was looking for one to buy. Thanks John

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Mec bought the business from Jim, including the P/W arrangement. Mec doesn't have the Auto-Mate for Mec in production yet, let alone for the P/W.

Jim did retain the Auto-Mate 1 service/business for Mec's, but that is of no use to you.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Bluetic, did they give details regarding full production, price, etc? I haven't seen particulars on their website yet.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
tomk2, Mec to my understanding owns the AM2 from Jim Benn the inventor and previous owner. He sold the patents and such to Mec, and they of course have an interest in getting the Mec going first. I suspect P/W and Spolar will follow once they get production ramped up for the Mec unit.

I had called Mec to inquire just out of curiosity, and they had told me that units should be available mid April, and others would follow as they get it together.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I was wondering why Mec doesn't license PW and Spolar to market them with their own name on them.

This would make sense to me.

Just an idea.......Hauxfan!

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
I'm guessing here, so I could be wrong, but my assumption that the unit at the Southern Grand was not a proto-type, but an actual Automate for either the Spolar or P/W. A first run of 25-50 units were manufactured.

I have sold several of both units prior to Jim Benn's sellout to Mec. They were in full production and I know for a fact that Jim had several unsold units in stock at the time of the sellout.

I have to assume Mec to 100% certify anything they sell.

I also have to guess that there is a possibility that P/W may have something similar in the works, but can't say for 100% certainty.

Whiz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.