Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
The threaded end is a "thread chaser" used to clean and do minor repairs to the threads in the barrel. Be 100% sure it is the proper tool for your barrel or you may do major damage.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
It may fit Rem chokes, but I think that the wrench is actually a Beretta/Benelli choke/thread chaser. I got couple of them with the couple of the Berettas that I bought. It did come in use when I use to just drop the extended choke tubes in to the barrel. I must have bent the starting thread in the barrel. The chaser straighten the thread up. Now I gently put the new tubes in.

Assume nothing, be very careful using the thread chaser part even in a Beretta or Benelli for the first time.

Jason

·
Registered
176 Posts
I hate to disagree with all of you. But I truly believe that is a thread chaser. Not quit a tap, but cleans up threads and bits and dings.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
If you don't believe any of them, it's a thread chaser/cleaner from Beretta old Mobile choke system. I have them from both 12 & 20 gauge 686s.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I don't mean to disagree with you gents but that is a thread chaser cleaner restorer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts