Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havnt been shooting as well as i would like. Im usually in the 22 23 and 24 range. A few 25s here and there. Im to the point where im getting angry because of my scores and just shoot like crap. So what does someone do in a situation like this? Quit shooting, shoot more?

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Keep shooting and build confidence. I have the same problem. Shot one target and ONLY one target at a time. Pattern your gun so you know were it is shooting. The targets are easy but the mind and eyes are the problem. practice practice

·
Registered
25,278 Posts
Get someone qualified to be a shooting coach to observe you in action. You may not be aware of a bad habit or other problem yourself.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I know when I get that way it is because I don't stay in the gun long enough.
Keep your head on the wood.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My problem is at post 1 and post 5. I cant seem to get those ones that cut hard right and hard left. I shot 25 rounds at station 1 and 25 at 5 and still miss a few. 2 thru 4 im on it. I was thinking about getting that dry fire wall diagram that they show on here. Ive even tried skeet and sporting clays to better mt trap shooting.

·
Registered
186 Posts
On different occassions I have taken a few weeks off and on other occassions, I try to "shoot" out of it. Both have worked well for me. I tend to now just "shoot" out of the slump. When a basketball player can't seem to find the bottom of the net, what do they do? They shoot more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.