Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine had this at the club tonight. I know its an Ithaca, but don't know much else about it. Thanks in advance.

Dave Eberhart

rhymeswithorange_2008_2008.jpg

rhymeswithorange_2008_20081.jpg

rhymeswithorange_2008_20082.jpg

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
No expert here, but could it be a Flues? Maybe a 5E?

Someone here will know for sure.

No wood, so is he selling it?

Gene Batchelar
Wheaton, IL

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was quick, thanks. Ok, I can get the serial number and a pic of the water table. The owner's grandfather was a member of St. Charles Sportsman's Club in Elburn Illinois and it was given to him by a friend. The grandfather is going to rebuild it.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Tis a grand ol gun. The first Flues were made in 1915,they were replaced with the Knicks in 1922. Ithaca advertising claims it was Annie Oakley's favorite gun and she broke 98 out of 100 on her 50th birthday. That's per Frank Conley's book, The American Single Barrel Trap Gun.

The only Flues I've shot belonged to Bob Hawkes and if I remember right it smashed targets. I love the old ones. Bill

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Twoatlow8, What's the serial no. on the double? Length of barrels? That gun is a PRIZE! Vent rib and beaver tail forend. You are a lucky man. Bill

·
Registered
683 Posts
A fine example of the gunmakers art. I currently have one double and two singles of that type. They have coil spring hammers and usually real nice triggers.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Compared to Parker Brothers and other high end guns from the period, the Ithaca Flues and Knicks are a screaming bargain these days. Look at the workmanship -- alll by hand -- that went into that 6E; if you were talking about a Parker it'd be mega bucks.

Gorgeous receiver, glad to hear the gun is going to be restored.

Pete

·
Registered
417 Posts
BILL GRILL
I do not own the 5 or 6 pictured the pictures came off Guns America or Gun Broker.
The only Ithaca I own is the NID Skeet gun in Walt's book. My main interest is A.H. Fox Guns, but I like any vintage clay target gun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.