Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found one and thinking of getting it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
It's made by Stevens. A very nice little gun. Beyond that, what do you want to know?

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Stevens made a jillion 311s...with several small variations They were darned good guns, but obviously, not high-grade. If you can buy it right, you'll have a fun gun.

·
Premium Member
10,551 Posts
I just paid $600. for a Savage 311, unfired, without box. My dad shot one for squirrels and bunnies for over 60 years. His is choked full and modified and mine is full/ full. What kind of shape is it in?

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks OK but the stock needs to be refinished.

·
Registered
10,364 Posts
Ditto what dickgtax said. JC Higgins was only a trade name. Sears sold many guns manufactured under that name but made by various manufactures. My guess is that it is a Savage/Stevens 311 with the Sears (JC Higgins) name stamped on it. If the gun is in good working order the price isn't bad IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
If its $195 and mechanically sound, I'd buy it. In fact if you decide your not interested, please pass me the gun store or owners info if you don't mind.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
BU to pheasantmaster - I have one in 12 ga my dad bought new in 1950 - would like a .410 to go with it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have a Bay State H&R 410 that I'm going to sell for a friend. Looks like a little varnish added to the wood and the case colors are somewhat worn. What do you guys think? I'll have to take some pics tomorrow and post them. Not trying to hijack the thread, so I'll post it on my own. Would like a little info tho. I'll check Gunbroker too
Dan

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Any Savage/Stevens in sound condition under $300 is a good deal. If you can take it out and shoot it go for it!

If it needs some attention to be able to shoot it $100 would be top price!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts