Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Beretta 30" o/u barrel, once I received the barrel I noticed it said f over Im, problem is it has screw chokes. I purchased it under the agreement it was Optima choke and it is NOT, so It came with 4 flush tubes .715 marked with a capital letter S, .690 marked A and .700 marked C. The thread is super fine and 5/8" deep as shown, any clue as to what brand and how can I get extended chokes to fit? Thanks Cory

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
The old invectors/winchoke/mossberg accuchoke are 1.5" just like that shows and are 13/16x32tpi..Id ask for a refund or at least a partial for not getting what you paid for not to mention its a white elephant if you ever need to resell

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a field gun that I had choked 30 years ago by Skeets Gun Shop in Oklahoma. The chokes and wrench are identical to the one you pictured. The chokes perform well, I haven't been disappointed.

Some of the older guns did not have enough barrel spacing for extended chokes.

Hope that helps.

R Newberry

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going to call Skeets and see what I can find out, I did check to see if the Invector fit and it did not work. I was also wondering if it was a Trulock?
Thanks Cory

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
They not only are not Optima chokes, but your barrel is not the latest dimensions either. More than likely a .722 bore. Not the gun you agreed upon, I would send it back. A gun with that barrel, is worth much less. Unless you originally got one hell of a deal, which may be the reason we are trying to figure out what you have there.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I paid $525 for the barrel, the issue is I purchased it on Ebay through a friend, I have no recourse...... I guess you win some and you loose some.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Your friend can initiate an ebay buyer protection claim with the resolution center...I'd do it for my friends if needed. First step is to contact seller...

·
Registered
817 Posts
Mad Dawg is correct, you do have some options. The person who purchased this thru eBay has recourse if different than listed and you probably will get the shipping charges back also.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Post some pic of the barrel Cory...you definantly have recourse..dont shoot it til you try to get some money back..it could very possibly be TruChoke for sure...not a bad thing but not what you thought you were buying either..move quickly as there is a time limit you can dispute a transaction

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have a Perazzi with a Skeet's choked barrel. That thing will powder them when I do my part. I finally tracked Skeet's down and they told me they no longer make choke tubes. I was quite bumed to say the least. I am considering sending one of my chokes to Jess Briley to have one made. I would really like to find a Skeet's tube with a .019-.020 constriction. Them things are real.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.