Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Beretta Silver Pigeon single barrel trap gun at a local shop on hold. It has a 32" barrel, adjustable comb. Excellent shape for $1,150. There is also a 34" available locally for around $1,500. The later seems like a lot for this gun.

Which barrels do most people prefer these days for singles and handicap?

Can I add a double barrel to this gun later on?

David

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I purchased a 686 SP in 2005 but I don't really know when they stopped making them. The basic difference that I know of is the removable side plates on the 682 series. I'm not even sure that all of them have them but I was told they did. I have a set of tubes with my SP and shoot all four gauges and have averaged close to 5000 rounds a year with it and have never had any problem with the gun mechanically. I did remove the auto safety which was fairly easy. What kind of price are they wanting for the gun? Jackie B.

·
Premium Member
12,726 Posts
The S686 SP was offered as an O/U trap gun from 97 - 99, it was offered as a top mono gun from 98 - 02.

It is referred to as a 'low profile receiver.'

Blue book lists O/U at: 100% - $1095, 98% - $925, 95% - $750

Blue Book lists top mono at:100% - $1000, 98% - $900, 95% - $775

Typically the different name meant a slight cosmetic or style change in the gun (amount of engraving, rib height or angle, gun weight, etc.) rather than a functional difference.

The whole series of 68X guns are essentially interchangable (there are some exceptions to this) - parts typically are the same through out the whole series.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.