Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
The east end banks ae preferred due to the better background. The pre squad big dogs gobble them up on the 100 bird events. CED

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
If y'all (blacklab & clyde) are sure, I stand corrected, but I sure thought Dysinger was drawing & randomizing.

Bob

·
Registered
272 Posts
East banks are 1thru 4 and on the westend,the prefered banks are 9thru 12.As for a motel,the Holiday Inn Express I71 &rt.36 is probably the best bet. Rates are reasonable.Most any resturant you would want can be found within 15min drive. Cardinal,you will find,is one of the nicest grounds in the country. Good Luck

·
Registered
810 Posts
There are no prefered banks. They are all good. Bank one is on the east end. They go up as you go west. They DO NOT flip banks except at the state shoot. If the Holiday Inn express is full, just go down the road to the next exit (just a few miles) and there will be over a thousand rooms at that exit.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The osta doesn't run the Cardinal Shoots. We only run the state shoot. You shoot the same banks both 100's in the singles at Cardinal shoots, we flips ends at the state shoot. We never draw banks. Saying all this having been at every shoot over the last 5 years at Cardinal I've noticed some things about scores. Many handicap winners come from banks 6,7,8, for some reason. Even with the tree background the scores on these banks seem high.

If it's really windy the East end is kind of ruff, but has the best sky background. All in all I haven't seen any one particular bank stand out as always winning. It really depends alot on wind direction and sun light.

Personally I like 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. I don't like the East end much at all and I only shoot that way if I shoot with guys that like that end. i always pick west when I'm by myself. I've shot every bank on the grounds at one time or other. Brad

·
Registered
14,587 Posts
Zimmie, what bank did you shoot your last handicap on?

Never got that beer either.....I'll collect at the Cardinal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
smsnyder, I suggest you go to Cardinal, try the different banks, and draw your own conclusions as to which banks you like the best. That way you will know for sure which banks to shoot on when you return to the next shoot. Part of the fun of this game is learning those things. I suggest you keep a journal that you can refer to in the future. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.