Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the target angles specified in the PITA Rule book?

Is there a difference between what PITA spec are Compared to ATA angle specs and the target distance in PITA?

Gary

·
Registered
107 Posts
Go to www.shootpita.com the rule book is posted for all to see.
You should find that it is the same as ATA.

Bill Myers
PITA Treasurer

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill my computer antivirus program will not let Java or Skylite do a PDF down load. I also have another program it will not allow either, They will let a WORD to download.

Gary

·
Registered
13,602 Posts
"(b) Targets shall be thrown from an automatic angling trap that has been set in the equivalence of the #2 target spread hole of a Winchester model #1524 hand set trap. All automatic angling traps not having the ability to be placed in the #2 target spread hole will be set to throw targets at angles of, no less than a straight away from firing point #1½ to the right and firing point #4½ to the left, or more than a straight away from firing point #1 to the right and firing point #5 to the left of the imaginary line through firing point #3 and the trap."

And for your reading pleasure, their shell charge and velocity rules:

"(c) Any load with a maximum velocity greater than 1290 FPS (Feet per Second) with a maximum shot charge of 1 1/8 ounces (31.89 grams). For 1 ounce loads (28.30 grams) the maximum velocity is 1325 FPS; for 7/8 ounce loads (24.80 grams) the maximum velocity is 1350 FPS as measured in any individual shot shell. In addition, no load containing more than 1 1/8 ounces (31.89 grams, tolerance +3%) and shot larger than number 7 ½ chilled shot can be used. The above standards replace the old standard of no load heavier than 3 drams equivalent of black powder."

Looks like both exactly mirror ATAs

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SKEETMAN: Thank you, you answered my question, I like the PITA target settings better as it gives min and max settings, max of strta way from Post 1 and Post 5

\Gary Bryant

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
How can you like something better if it mirrors ATA?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts