Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For. 30” O/U only used for car trips to the gun club or to local shoots. Must have enough room for extended chokes. Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
3,635 Posts
only used for car trips to the gun club or to local shoots.
Here's another thought...
Just for quick trips back & forth, a gun sleeve is pretty convenient. After getting this new case a couple weeks ago I kinda feel it's a PIA to take apart
the gun all the time.
I have a couple different Boyt sleeves that I like a lot better... Man, they are nice too.

Boyt Harness GS75 Shotgun Sleeve

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have take down cases, but also just use a sleeve for short trips to keep from having to break down and assemble so much.

Ace Case makes sleeves out of very heavy material. I have been told it is car upholstery fabric. They are only about 8 bucks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Get in touch with TS Supporting Member JLYON. He is over in CT and is a Negrini dealer. I have three of his cases and they work very well for home to range car travel. He also supports his sales with service.
Just sent him a pm. Does he have a Website ?

Reactions: Bob Butler

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Jim is owner of CTCarrypermit.com Google will find you the link. It has his phone number on the web site.

His chamber brushes are excellent and how I found his business. He supports the CTA's State Trap Shoot every Year as a vendor and a participant.

Not sure if Mods have an issue with outside links.
If so feel free to edit this post if needed for compliance.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Thanks, I know about this one and have owned one. I am thinking I would like a molded case . Does Negrini make a value priced case
What do you mean "molded?" The SKB case is the only one with EPS foam (styrofoam) padding, which probably makes it the most protective one around. Others might have a sturdier exterior, but inside, the barrels are held in place by felt-covered thinly padded wood dividers, with a padded velcro nylon strap holding the receiver in place. For to the range and back, I think the SKB hybrid case can't be beat.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Look at Sport Lock cases. They are under $100.
Some reviewers mention flimsy hardware on that case. If you have one let me me know your thoughts and experience with the case.TX

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.