Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what the new "short-rib" is all about.
Is it designed to be quicker to point?
Fight a cross-fire issue?

Just interested, Thanks in advance for any insight.

Matt Nicol

I was going to ask, "What does the "Short-Rib" bring to the table???? HAA!!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
**What advantage does the

I havn't shot one but I would think it would add weight to the front of the barrel,

·
Registered
4,468 Posts

For two eyed shooters that look under the barrel- does it allow you to see the bird under the gun better, without blocking the master eye?

·
Registered
3,852 Posts

Well.. everyone has a different reason.. the 1.2 oz. my rib added is not a deal breaker for me.. BUT.. I have problems with my right eye.. The sides are getting fuzzy.. A more heads up seems to offer me better defination then my regular head down.. looking thru the top of my shooting glasses..and not the center.. plus.. I totally focus on the front of the barrel.. high rib..and have nothing to fight with my eye for vision control.. time will tell.. I played with the true Perazzi short rib at the grand.. and really liked the view.. Now.. if I could only shoot it well.. Time will tell..

·
Registered
3,966 Posts

It offers a serious reduction in you cash on hand.

So does that guardrail out on the front end of the barrel fold down to go in

the case???

Also what kind of case does that come with???

Always fun to watch the feeding frenzy over new Perazzi products on here.

CG's (Cheesy Guerinis) not so much. Kinda' like kids with brussell sprouts.

Not much interest.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts

Kinda' makes those guys breaking 100 straights with an old $250 870 pump look

real smart don't it??

LOL

·
Registered
3,852 Posts

To any shooter who is fighting to stay in the game..you'll try anything.. the rest of you may or may not understand.. Those of you who have been in the winners circle sometime in your life.. certainly want to recapture that feeling.. If putting a racoon tail on the front of my barrel helped me see the target better..it would be there within the hour...

·
Registered
4,468 Posts

Many posters could not win a major handicap event if they had two shots at every bird, rib, no rib, short rib, ect...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

Mike, you're spot on....I daresay that most would shoot in bra and panties if that was what it took.

Shannon....spot on as well. I know when I walk out for handicap at our club that there's really only 5 or 6 guys out of 25 or so regulars that have a chance, regardless of their yardage. A few short yard guys, a few long yard guys. The rest....don't stand a chance. Oh, sure...once every two or three years one of them will punch out a good score and come from nowhere to pick up their half yard. But not often.

Shima had me shooting more heads up - higher comb - and its helping. I could see a short rib being beneficial in that regard. One would think that moving the comb up would make the gun shoot higher.

That's only true if you look at the bead. Think about it.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts

"Short rib"? Any pics?

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

Short rib & glove stocks have nothing to do with "heads-up" shooting, which, by the way, is only approiate for ATA trap, they are about visibility and control.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts

Perazzi's new stubby rib is 14-1/8" + or - 1/8" the front adjusting post adds a 1/4" or so. The rib height is 1-3/16". I can't tell you exactly how high it sits above the barrel, but in pictures it looks to be a 1/4" to 3/8"

Surfer

·
Registered
3,852 Posts

I had a MX2005.. and the rib was a bit to high for me..so.. I've played with things a little bit lower.. Time will tell.. If one only goes back to the DB81.. the rib height was a love/hate thing.. I suppose the same will be true here..

The ribs I am making are siliconed on the barrel.. so.. removal is a complete option if it does not work out.. Nothing ventured.. nothing gained.. Time will tell..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.