Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home this evening from the Grand and to quote the late , great, Bob Hope--"Thanks for the memories"! A big thank you to all who made it possible! What a great time visiting old friends, making new ones and having such a great time reminiscing about the old days and good times. Made my first Grand was in 1980 and have enjoyed the ones I have been able to attend ever since! Good food, good times, and the smell of burnt gun powder! Where else can the average Joe rub shoulders with the best in the game and meet so many great people from all over the world ?! The shopping for anything that shooting connected was always an attraction and I loved watching the shoot offs which are becoming better attended it seems. Reminders of the old days. The Hall of fame museum was really done up nicely and is a virtual "Time Machine" ! I loved seeing all the stuff in there as well as the guns ,gear, medals and trophies of so many of the GREATS of the sport, some I have had the honor of knowing. Anybody who missed seeing it missed a great walk through History! So many things to see like Mark Arie's old Marlin pump that he won $15o,000 with ( a FORTUNE in those days). Britt Robinsons old Model 31 , M.D. Clark's model 12, Leo's DT10 and Vic Reinder's famous Model 31 that he shot with a bunch of the Rib missing, Pumpkin Flock's Ljutic Serial number 4, The Model 12 of Julius Petty, J.A. R. Elliott's famous Pigeon gun, his old Win. 97. The list just goes on and on! The Grand is truly and will always be "GRAND" . There is nothing like it in the world and I always leave hoping to be back next year. If somebody is a Trapshooter, it is the only place to be in Aug. !!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Slide I agree with you 100 % I took my 12 year old son with me it was his first time at the Grand we had a great time .The highlight of the trip was him watching me in the shoot off in the Caesar Gurini Preliminary Handicap I broke 25 straight to win Champion in my yardage group. I don't know who was the most excited me or him it was a great experience it will be something we can talk about for years to come. I hope I'm able to attend several more.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Slide I agree with you 100 % I took my 12 year old son with me it was his first time at the Grand we had a great time .The highlight of the trip was him watching me in the shoot off in the Caesar Gurini Preliminary Handicap I broke 25 straight to win Champion in my yardage group. I don't know who was the most excited me or him it was a great experience it will be something we can talk about for years to come. I hope I'm able to attend several more.
Nice!
George

1 - 5 of 5 Posts