Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
Guy shot one around here a few years ago. DNR had a tracking device on it, when it started going down the highway 55 mph, they knew something was up.

He was parked at a bar, they let him finish his burger before giving him his very expensive citation.

if you must shoot them, inspect immediately.LOL.

HM

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
No the wild turkeys don't taste like the farm raised ones. The closest you get to good eating with them is with deep frying. Still they are so much fun to hunt that you can manage to eat one or two each year. Interesting how just seeing fresh tracks in the snow makes a person want to go hunting. Thanks for the day dream.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Wild Turkey has a far better flavor than a store bought turkey for my money! I'd rather have a wild bird anytime much more flavorful than the domestic cousin

·
Registered
11,425 Posts
I think I see shootlow in there.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I was delivering some equipment the other day and was passing a picked cornfield and counted a flock of 35 turkey's scratching for corn. So I showed them I was one of them and they all flew to the far side of the field......What's up with that?!

JB= Jerry (gobble, gobble) Beach 8503917

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Got to the Kettle Falls area of NE Washington. Turkeys everywhere in flocks around the size of the photo above. Almost as many deer too.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
We seen a winter flock of about 200 birds on Thursday. The largest that we've seen had close to 400 birds in it.

shotgun410, wild turkey properly perpared with a domestic turkey done the same and it will be hard to say which one is which. I know as I have had them side_by_side and folks could not tell the difference.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
If you'll right click on the picture, it says it came from the Hunt Washington State.com site.......So I'd guess that is where the picture was taken.

Jmas, I don't have an annual birthday. I foung out I stay younger if I only have a birthday every other year.........lol lol

Works for me..........and that is also why Shootlow looks so much older than I do.............hahaha

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Wild Turkey does taste different. But it's sipped, not eaten.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.