Trapshooters Forum banner

What’s your opinions of a Lanber O/U?

3235 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Old_Diabetic_100
I wanted a lightweight O/U years ago to bird hunt with so I purchased this Lanber Used. I wanted a Citori at the time but couldn’t afford it. (Still don’t have a Citori) The gun is very light and easy to handle. I like the old gun, just wondered if anyone else owned one and what they think of it?
Mine doesn’t show any Silver colors on
The receiver. It all blued with deep brown high gloss walnut style stock.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Probably the best O/U for less than $1,000.00 available. Used value, right around $500.00
You can say that again.

Owned one with 30" barrels and factory flush chokes purchased new. What a sweet shooter it was. Heard rumblings from Spain that Lanber may fold, got scared as to parts etc. which I never needed but still, it worried me. Sold it, but regardless of the price, it was a solid shooter and way underrated IMO.

· Registered
310 Posts
Mike McIntosh posting a glowing review of Lanber o/u's in the mid-1990's in Shooting Sportsman. I know a couple of guys (dove hunters and charity clays shooters) who purchased them as a result of that review, and still love them.

· Registered
2,995 Posts
Lamber Guns were a very popular starter gun for sporting clay shooters many years ago in the UK and I remember they stood up well. A lot of younger shooters used them for clays, rough shooting and everything else.
I seem to remember they were sold through the Beretta dealerships.
Great value.
Devonian.
You are correct. I was in touch with the former Lanber importer to the UK earlier today. Lanber went out of business about 10 years ago. Their guns were "a lot of gun for the money" as Mark said, but getting parts now might be problematic. However, there are lots of Lanber guns for sale on 'Gun Trader' to cannibalize if push came to shove.
Item Search Results (guntrader.uk)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.