Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!
I hope everyone is staying safe and are in good health! I’ve been very concerned with what the ATA is going to do this year of 2020 in regards of the All American team. I do not know if this has been brought up previously, if so I apologize... with many shoots cancelling or stacking up during weeks of other shoots, what is going to happen with the requirements to make the team? Some of the shoots cancelled are needed by shooters to make the team and now that opportunity is gone because of cancellation. If anyone has any knowledge of what may happen please inform myself and everyone else who’s in the same boat as me. thank you
Stay safe,
- Chase Horton

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Most dedicated trapshooters will have targets from last fall (from sept 1rst) on this years target count and there is still plenty of time to build up the target count.

Reactions: KS-OKIE

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,662 Posts
Chase, it’s good to see you back on the Forum..... lots of discussion here about the “what if’s”, but it’s all guessing at this point. With your position on the All American Team, I suspect you’ll hear directly from the ATA on any ruling long before we do on this Forum.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,901 Posts
IMO...I think we'll be damn lucky to register anywhere close to what we did last year, let alone worry about AA points. Having said that, I don't see any problem with asking the question, this is trapshooters . com after all. My guess is that it's a wash. Start over next season.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
First off, I am more concerned about this disease, the deaths it will cause, and it's devastating effect on this country. I just hope after this is over the sport will survive after the country gets back to normal ( however long that takes) . Frankly I don't give a rats @$$ about some people getting their All American points .

·
Registered
31,631 Posts
Wow one of the youngest AA Captains asks a question politely on this forum and gets a few acrimonious replies.

First sentence confusing, had words “die” and “fiscal.”

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Wow one of the youngest AA Captains asks a question politely on this forum and gets a few acrimonious replies.
I don't have anything against the young man BUT, If his biggest concern ,at a time like this, is his AA points then, I suggest he adjust his priorities. I just hope and pray that he and his family do not get deathly sick !

·
Registered
387 Posts
First sentence confusing, had words “die” and “fiscal.”

I took "die" to mean "do", not getting anymore into that because of the banning policy on such matters. ATA has a fiscal year of September to August so the ATA is not on a calendar year. IMHO Chase did not mean the ATA was going to die financially this year but how will they score things in their fiscal year of 9/1/19 to 8/31/20.

He's a good kid and I use that loosely because he's actually a young man. Different generations have different priorities, maybe his family is more important but he brought up something relevant to a trap forum.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Isn't it based on the top 5 or 7 shoots where you've earned all american points?
With shoots being canceled it puts everyone on even footing...it just means that everyone's top 5 or 7 shoots would probably have lower points totals then the would have otherwise.
Seems fair to me, lower totals but the ones that are at the top are still at the top.

Now maybe if we can just start working on those $3 refunds of ATA dues, haha.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,901 Posts
Wasn't there another thread about waiving target requirements and that was a "good question" wondered by many? Not a single negative word was said on that thread if memory serves but here on this one the OP needs to adjust his priorities?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't have anything against the young man BUT, If his biggest concern ,at a time like this, is his AA points then, I suggest he adjust his priorities. I just hope and pray that he and his family do not get deathly sick !
He was just asking a question. You don't have to lambast the young man. Just don't respond if you have nothing constructive to say.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,662 Posts
For everyone getting on our fellow Trapshooter, Trap supporter, and AA team member Chase for posting a “selfish” question about his hard-earned position on the AA Team, and not something about COVID-19, I suppose we can all go back to the thread topics right now and post the same opposition to all topics that are not about COVID-19 on the Forum.....
.........what did you have for breakfast, what did you have for lunch, choke or constriction, etc....,

I’m not being a Smart A**, but come on. Honestly, I’m sick and tired of so many damned threads about COVID-19. Everyone’s priority doesn’t have to be about COVID-19; mine sure as Hell isn’t. We hear it on the radio, on the news, from friends..... and here. I look forward to reading about an honest Trapshooting related topic that maybe I can pick up a learning tip, or two.

IF I were ever good enough to earn a spot on the AA team...... or if I were an Olympian, in this freaky year 2020, I’d have the same questions about what may happen.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
He was just asking a question. You don't have to lambast the young man. Just don't respond if you have nothing constructive to say.
I stand by my comment . I did NOT LAMBAST him . I suggested he readjust his priorities . I just think there are a LOT MORE things to worry about than some freakin All American points right now, and I really don't get a hoot if you like that or not !

·
Vendor
254 Posts
My first AA point shoots of the year are usually in May, with most packed in to June, July and then the Grand. With that schedule, I get 10-12,000 target for the year.

Assuming that things get back to normal by middle-late May, getting the number of targets and 7+ shoots is a non issue. If not, I imagine the ATA will lower the requirements.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I stand by my comment . I did NOT LAMBAST him . I suggested he readjust his priorities . I just think there are a LOT MORE things to worry about than some freakin All American points right now, and I really don't get a hoot if you like that or not !

-10pts for unnecessary injecting gloom and redirecting.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts