Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For roughly $5k I can get a Browning Trap Max which is sweet looking. Then I see people bringing up Guns Unlimited Combo which looks sweet too.
Being new, what else could a person get for $5k? Are there other options? Can I get a K80 for even close to that price?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Try before you buy if at all possible and shoilder as many guns as you can. You may find you don't need to spend $5000 on a gun. But I think Browning, Beretta, CG, Fabarm should fit your budget.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can get a lot for 5k. Depending on what you are looking for you could get:
JEG 687 combo
GU 725 combo
Used CG summit
Used Zoli
Used MX-8, MX-15 MX-3, TM1, TMX.....
Used Ljutic

All great guns, as a poster said before don't make the choice without going somewhere to try as many guns as possible. It will end up being much more expense in the long run not to and you'll always be wondering how gun X or Y would feel.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Trap max is not $5K, it is $3500, you can get the trap max golden clays for $5K from Browning
Please provide the link for a new Trap Max (adj comb, adj rib, gra-coil) for sale at $ 3500!

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@colonel klink could you be more specific or provide model number or link to the one you are referring too? GU models are looking more and more attractive as I learn a little. Thank you

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Go to Guns Unlimited website. Right there on the front/home page are both models illustrated. One is more a trap type and the other a Universal type. Both are $2299.00, your choice. This is a new model only available from GU. Just a thought.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Get the Guns Unlimited 725 combo 32 O/U, 34 Unsingle have the adjustable comb added and you have all the gun you need and it's in your budget.

Other wise you'll end up like me with a great gun, 725 Pro Trap 32 O/U and end up wanting the unsingle to complete your wants.

Just some advise from someone that's been were your at now.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts