Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
They are still scheduled to have these shoots according to Pssa ata site is what I was told yesterday.
My sense is that is more wishful thinking and 'wait and see' rather than a firm commitment to have (at least)the Keystone Open. As of right now, it wouldn't likely be legal to have an event of this size in the state of Pennsylvania until the governor lifts the ban. I hope they do but day-by-day I'm getting less confident.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My sense is that is more wishful thinking and 'wait and see' rather than a firm commitment to have (at least)the Keystone Open. As of right now, it wouldn't likely be legal to have an event of this size in the state of Pennsylvania until the governor lifts the ban. I hope they do but day-by-day I'm getting less confident.
Thats what I was thinking to .

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here is an announcement from the PSSA website dated August 4th:

Dear ATA Members,

As you are aware, the 2019 Westy Hogans was challenged with having inadequate trap personnel, resulting in the cancellation of the 16 yard event on Friday, as well as an excessively long Handicap event due to limited fields being used. At this time we are trying to remedy the situation by employing scorers and loaders from New York, Virginia, as well as our local high school/college students that we traditionally rely upon. We are however unsure how many will attend at this time. I am asking you to please communicate with your club members to ask if they are interested in working at this shoot. The pay will be $10.00/hr. The PSSA has had a very successful summer and would like to continue that trend through September, but without pullers and loaders this will not be possible.

Interested people should contact Chuck Fritzges at 570-850-8894 or [email protected] as soon as possible, and before August 12th.

Thank You,

Ken Darroch
President, Pennsylvania State Shotgunning Association

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ken,
Here on Long Island, at both Peconic and Maidstone, our members do both the loading and scoring for all the events. I will speak with them and see if we can put together a team to assist you with running the event.

PS - The PGA enlists local golf club members to help run their show. I'm sure that if each gun club that attends the Westy Hogans could put together a group to help, the PSSA could run its event smoothly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts