Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. What is it about requesting funds by Western Union that makes it any more hazardous than sending a check or M/O to an unknown seller. Thanks, Marc

·
Registered
947 Posts
I agree with York red flag. You deposit the cash at your western union office and the seller picks it up at his minus a large charge, but it's his cash then with no recourse from you.

warren

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
If someone wants paid by Western Union, its a "deal" breaker at my end of any transaction.

If the seller won't accept a bank check or my personal check, they don't need my money.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
IF the seller will give you an inspection period BEFORE you send any money I might consider Western Union. Don't hold your breath. Ross Puls

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
NEVER, never, never ear BUY anything and pay via Western Union. It's like sending cash; once received you have absolutely no recourse should the seller fail to ship the goods. You'd be slightly better off doing a COD, but one could ship a brick.

If the seller has already shipped the goods to you without payment and then accepts W/E as a means for payment, then I suspect that would be OK, any other scenario and I run.

WW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.