Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw that the Western Grand at Vernal Utah has made a BIG date change. This was posted on Utah Shotgun Sports.

Changes to USTA ATA Registered Shoot Schedule

« on: December 10, 2013, 08:50:25 PM »

In order to keep the Western Grand in Utah we had to find another weekend, so after a bunch of discussion and moving around, The Western Grand is moving to Tuesday May 27th - Sunday May 31, 2014.

We need to move Magna off that weekend and put them on the June 14-15th. Magna has agreed to the change.

The ATA would not let the WG be thrown over the SCTP/AIM state shoot which is the weekend in between.

Please make those corrections your personal calendar. The USTA will reprint the shoot cards with updated information and re-issue the shoot cards to all the clubs.

Chad Sorensen

·
Registered
683 Posts
Karla, this year we will be having the Western Grand in place of our normal "June Shoot". The club decided to give the WG a try at this time of year versus the usual Sept time frame. Hopefully the participation will increase from prior years. Hope to see you here.

Sean Hawley

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sean, are the 5/27 - 6/01 dates still valid? At the top of the "latest news" section of the ATA homepage it now reads "Western Satellite Grand Dates Changed to September 2-7".

Has this changed back to a fall event? If not, it would be a good idea to change what is currently stated on the ATA home page.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Sean, after reading the above posts, I am still confused. What is the correct date of the Western Grand, and has the usual June shoot been displaced or moved? My son is trying to put his request for time off to shoot @ Vernal, so accuracy is important.

Tafford

·
Registered
683 Posts
Ok, guys and gals I think we have it figured out now. We had some scheduling problems that had to be worked out but the final dates for the Uintah basin Trapshoot (AKA The June Shoot) and the Western Grand American here at the Vernal Rod and Gun Club are as follows........ The June Shoot will be held June 4-9 and the Western Grand American will be held September 2-7. Sorry for any confusion and anyone interested in attending these shoots, who may not be on our mailing list, please send me your address via email to [email protected] and I will send you a program for these shoots as they become available.

Sean Hawley

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The new updated Utah State 2014 trapshooting schedule with the Western Grand in September is at the above link.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts