Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FAST....high and Wide Targets at the Johnny Mock? Beautiful clear Day....barely any wind.....low scores. Just me? 3rd time there last 1 1/2 years....same feeling. Great club....great people......bad targets.....low attendance. The advice I've been given is stop shooting there if you want to maintain your ATA average. Requests to bring targets to ATA standards during the shoot met with resistance from club management.
I learn something new every time I shoot....I've registered appx. 8000 ATA targets this year so far and feel I have a decent handle on what a legal target should look like. Did I learn not to shoot at that club...or ask questions to try and figure out whats going on?
West Penn used to be a very popular club to shoot at in western PA. The setting is great and the people are as well......would love to see them bring back the shooters. My feelings......throw good targets and the shooters will come. Anyone else shoot there?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've tried too express that same kind of issues to no success ,, on to other hand Bedford throws against the mock and they were packed,, myself included in the crowd ,,, west penn 19 minutes and Bedford 90 minutes from my house??? Hope they get it sorted out gas isn't cheap huh!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fact that it's in your back yard and you would drive an hour plus longer to shoot speaks volumes. I've heard many similar stories. Maybe someone should lend them a radar gun and a little help to set the targets?
I know they have a sponsors purse to attract shooters......is that why they set the targets like that(to make it more difficult to hit) or do they just not know how bad they are? I would have to believe they are pushing away more shooters by throwing bad targets than they are bringing in with a sponsors purse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bad targets are only half the issue. I don't share "Chromegun's" opinion about the people there ...sorry. Trap help poor + organizers miserable + half hour wait in line to pay = shoot somewhere else where they are happy to see you and your participation. Have $$$ - will travel. West Penn is in my back yard too. Sad I don't want to shoot there any more. PLEASE WEST PENN get it fixed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts