Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Happy New Year reminder. Make your plans!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Jerry,
I am going to try and get a whole squad together and visit you all that day. Hope you have plenty of good food and can keep my girl Pam under control when I take the money. Sounds like it will be a fun day.

TED

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey Ted, happy New Year! I certainly hope you can make it. There will be plenty of food and a card game, with adult beverages, after the shoot.

I'll say hello to Pam for you. She may show up for the card game after the shoot.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Jerry:
if you're successful in keeping Pam under control as Ted asks, it may be a first.

I'm on schedule for finishing up the .410 loads for Phil. Had to go a different approach, no plastic wad, as I'm loading so much powder (he asked for max speed) that there was no room. Instead, I'm loading the entire shell to the brim with powder, tamping it down, then a circular piece of cardboard, then 1/16th oz of #9s. If I do everything just right, I get a nice crimp. Should work well from the 27 for Phil. I for one will want to be there when he shoots.

Pete

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey Jerry:

I know your post says no pre-registration, but I do plan to be there, but possibly late -- have a guy coming to the house early to measure for carpet.

So, I may be a few minutes late, but will be there. Gotta be there to collect all the $$$$$.

Pete

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No problem Pete. I'll save a spot for you. 27 yard line?

I started a new post since there will be many door prizes, thanks to the generosity of our members, so even if you don't nab the big $$$ you have a decent shot at the door prizes and Abby is cooking so you'll get a meal.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Actually, as opposed to shooting my skeet gun as I normally do for caps from the 27, I was thinking of shooting my Ljutic which has a fixed .034 choke, so how about moving me to the 37 yard line -- I need to give the pattern a chance to open up a bit. I haven't shot that gun in 2 years now, so it'll be good to do so.

If you want to write the check out now for the winning prize, feel free to make it out ot either Pete or Peter -- both are fine.

Pete

·
Vendor
1,703 Posts
Damn I missed the 7 day advance on my airline ticket and now cannot afford to be there. Hate to miss Pam's home cooking-which might make it worth the expensive ticket. Why don't you load 5350 of those .410's so that Neal can run a statistically valid test of whether or not they will break a target. No need to test the results on a target that would not be valid.

Have a great shoot guys and all my WC girl friends. PK

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well Phil, you'll be missed. But I have to thank you for sending some real Wyoming weather here.

I've attempted to read some of Neil's work and, as you know, I'm just not smart enough to know what the heck he is talking about but I do know that whatever any graph, chart or statistical analysis says, I'd go one on one with you, anytime, as long as you are shooting a .410 and that's in spite of my lack of talent and your abundance of same!

Thanks for the encouragement on the shoot and I hope to see you this Spring or when ever you can head East. I will guarantee a fine and filling meal. I'll do the grilling.

I have to go now and cut a check for Pete.

Cheers,

Jerry

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I may show to say hi to everyone, its been a while since I have seen most of you. I may bring the big money shooter, Mark W. though. He is always looking to take some money from suckers. All my funny money is into plane tickets andhotel to Tampa for the SB. I got no money to waste and shooting with you chaps is a waste of money for me. If I can scrape up a few bucks I may make the actual shooting part. Penalized to the 25 is pretty stiff though.

PDQ: Should have called me I got a great carpet guy.

Jeff

·
Registered
144 Posts
A great idea for a shoot Jerry!!! Something different should draw a crowd.
Best of luck to all! I hope to make it. Take care, Mulls

·
Registered
242 Posts
Jery, Sorry I will not be able to make it. I still have three weeks left in our winter league. I forgot this when I responded earlier. I'll look forward to your next one. It's going to be a cold one. Good luck and shoot good. Ted

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Rumor has it that all shooter's will be required to shoot in the Speedo's they got for Christmas!

Jerry...any truth to the rumor?????

Curt

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
No Curt, way too much shrikage but if you want to do that I'll give you a special award.

The shoot will go on despite the cool temps since there is quite a bit of money involved and if you dress accordingly you should be able to survive 50 birds. Then you can look forward to warming up with Abby's 3 star chili and mac and cheese.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Well, I'd like to say that a lot of you talk a good game, but you're wimps. It was a beautiful day to shoot. 3 to 5 MPH breezes, sunny, 15 degrees F. (average). I was actually sweating in my down jacket.

Thanks to Abby whose venison chili (oops, beef(lol)) was the hit of the day. Mac & cheese was light and delicious, as were the chips, etc. Many thanks to big Larry and tall Mark for donating their winnings back to the club. The poker tournament is still going on.

All in all, we had a ball. We will definitely be doing this again.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thanks to the brave souls who showed up on the coldest day of the year to shoot. Luckily there were no cases of hypothermia except for my fingers.

A big thanks to Abby who cooked and donated some really fine Chili plus Mac and Cheese to warm us up.

I especially would like to thank the club members who donated their winnings back to the club. We really do have some special people at West Chester.

For those that would have come if the weather had been better we are going to do a repeat in about a month. Check your emails or our web site for the next date. Plus I will announce it here.

We will have the foresight to have a rain/snow/ungodly cold date for the next shoot.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
J Rudy JR, high score was 43. Second and third place tied with 40 each and elected to split the pot rather than shoot off.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.