Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting one for a browning 725. Has anyone tried one out. The factory stock has no offset so I think it would be an upgrade for me.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
I think you will like it. I first bought a used one for my Browning 2oga. Found one for my XT. I liked it so much I had Wenig duplicate it for my 725 skeet. I found one on this site for my Fabarm xlr5 that I also really like. Wenig does a fine job on their stocks. They are not inexpensive but nothing good ever is. If you live within driving distance (Lincoln, MO) they may even have one for you to try out. Give them a call (660-547-3334). Regards, Bob

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,193 Posts
They are first rate. But I would spend the extra money and just get One custom fitted. I have one and love it. I’m a bit of a recoil wimp so have been considering a prosoft. But the fit experience is phenomenal. The new American is just getting you closer to fitted without being fitted.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I think the New American is a great deal. I had a DIY final fit and finish one and I only added an adjustable comb. Start comparing prices and you will see what I mean. But as an alternative, check out StockLock at Dawson Enterprises.

Reactions: trapshootinkid25

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you want a nice custom 725 stock from Wenig, I have just the one for you!. Jimmy posted my for sale link and I'd be happy to talk more about it if you'd like.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I got one for a 391 beretta and liked it. I got it roughed out and worked it down to where I liked it then had wenig finish it. If you can hook up with them at a shoot you more than likely can pick the blank you want. I got mine at the grand years ago and was able to pick out a nice one. They had them in totes in a roughed out state.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have bought several that were oversized for a Beretta 391, Beretta A400, as my big gripe with the factory stocks was the grip shape and radius. It seems like I was always tinkering with it, and I never thought it was perfect. I only ever had one finished and checkered professionally. Although, I shot that stock very well, accumulating 46 Master class punches from registered NSCA tournaments, I probably would have been better served by just getting professionally fitted at Wenig. Incidentally, I ended up recently buying a Zoli Z sport, and I think that grip is perfect from the factory.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Blaser F3 stocks have very similar dimensions to the Wenig New American stock. Mine did not fit me at all. I went with a Wenig custom stock and am happy I did. My advice would be to try one or setup your current stock as close as possible to the New American. I agree with others on here. Get fitted for a custom if your budget allows. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts