Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to Covid, athletes need to clear the village at the Olympics within 48 hours of their event being completed. The two Skeet shooters from our club flew home tonight and a number of us met them at the airport. Vincent Hancock won the gold medal in the men’s Skeet and Austin Smith placed eighth in women’s Skeet. The Fort Worth Trap and Skeet Club is proud of their accomplishments!

·
Registered
228 Posts
As mentioned above, great post…kudos to you folks turning out and supporting your friends!!!

By total coincidence, I happened to interact with an acquaintance from the early days of my youth shooting just a couple of days ago. Last time we saw each other we were 19yo, leaving Colorado Springs in 1990 and he was already on the US development team headed for success at multiple Olympic venues, and I was (supposed to be) headed back to my sophomore year of college after realizing that I’d just spent a couple weeks with some extremely talented young guys, of which I was sure a few would win Olympic medals in their lifetime. After dedicating his career to Olympic Shooting, he’s now a coach for Team USA! I’m a 3rd generation project manager in the construction world. It’s all good and It made my day catching up with him for a few minutes, as it’s awesome when your peeps succeed (we’re from the same State).

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep an eye on Austin Smith. She turned 20 while in Tokyo and finished eighth in women’s skeet-one clay out of a shoot off for the final. One thing that makes Vinnie so great is his commitment to training and perfection. Austin trains with him and spends every bit as much time, if not more, on the field perfecting her shot. We expect greater things from Austin going forward and it will be fun to watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts