Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could help value a shotgun I have.

Its a Weatherby Orion II Trap; 12 ga, 32" bbl and Monte Carlo stock. I called Weatherby with the serialand verified the build. Apparently it was built by SKB in July 1990. Its unmolested other than a Pachmayr pad was put on to replace a poorly fitted Kick-Eez. The receiver has little bluing wear at the edges from my hands. Theres a worn spot on the barrels where the forearm is a bit tight. The stock's got a few dings and dents but the finish is not broken.

I've been thinking about selling it or trading it towards a B-gun. The closest values are for an Orion II Field or SSC but theyre not the same build. What do you guys think woild be a fair price?
bcsquare_2013_19112.jpg

bcsquare_2013_19115.jpg

bcsquare_2013_19116.jpg

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Id say the others are a bit high...non silver receiver is a minus as is flat rib...around $825-$850 in my hood and maybe another 75-100 if a hardcase included as well as having the original selection of chokes it came with..this gun is only the equivalent of the 580 series SKBs

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'll concur. I most likely went to the higher side of the value of the gun, based on my assumption he'll likely be bargained down to a value closer to those Calvin gave. I shot doubles with a Weatherby Orion, and did so better than I have with any gun since, so, they do seem to be a nice shooter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for your responses.

I figured that it'd be a hard sell. It fits me well and I have shot some of my best rounds with it but I've been thinking to trading up to something newer. I'll just have to keep perusing the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts