Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blowing snow and drifting. 19 degrees now, zero tonight, 4 inches on ground and still coming. Idaho gets this sh** in the mountains but this is rare here in the valley. The snow skiers are happy, I am not

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
-7 in central Iowa, Supposed to stay in the single digits today and near 4" of snow tomorrow. Supposed to drive 80 miles to shoot tomorrow. :-(

·
Registered
611 Posts
Here in central Washington we are at 4 degrees ,,but it is sunny and clear, no snow ,,you guys can have all of the snow,,,,MX8Dave

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Living in both Ohio and Maine I can get the same weather two days apart, and it looks a lot like yours right now. Can't escape winter above the 39th parallel N. Like my brother says, "if you can't get over it, get used to it".

Kip

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Same as john with a nice breeze to push the wind chill do dangerous numbers.

I think I won't go out and shoot today. Just stick by the stove and keep feeding the wood. At least it's warm there. Kinda hard to keep the house 90 degrees warmer than the outside air.

Rick in MT

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
According to the National Weather Service it is currently 19 F in Chubbuck (the northern suburb of Pocatello, where I live). This is the projected high for the day, with a forecast low of -1 tonight. It is snowing lightly outside my window.

Duck season has sucked so far. I had planned to go out today, and may still, but some complications have arisen.

My male Chesapeake Rocky came up limping heavily Thursday. He seems better now, but I don't want to aggravate things unnecessarily.

My female Lexie was hit by a car three weeks ago yesterday. Thankfully it didn't break any bones or kill her, but it did a lot of soft tissue damage to her right hind leg. She still has a couple of inches of exposed flesh (kept under wrap of course), and I want to keep it dry. She is not happy about having to stay home.

I started coming down with a cold yesterday and am not enthused about going out.

It's unfortunate because the hunting doesn't turn good until we have an extended cold spell to freeze the reservoirs and Snake River and force the birds onto the spring creeks. Maybe we'll try it later anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts