Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If animal fur growth indicates the severity of the coming winter's weather then this one is going to be hideous. My 3 Weasels ( actually Ferrets but Weasel sounds more, er, woodsy ) have super long coats which are filling in the undercoat with a dense soft fur layer. This morning it is 6 degrees and snow in the area with a low tomorrow night forecast at 10 below on the F. scale. No that in sight and below freezing until at least Monday.

Hmmmm.

Don T

·
Registered
20,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Denver Colorado area. Mon-DAMN-tana is worse. Their HIGH temperature is going to be in the teens below zero the next couple of days. Let me give you a picture of the 'outback';

View attachment 178350

This wasn't today but it was the back yard. HeH.

Don T.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,979 Posts
I thought that this was going to be a thread about a really cool bar that I used to frequent in northern Wisconsin.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Our cats have super thick coats this year.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Up here in Alaska we went from -15 to 30+ in one day with rain. It's funny you mention weasels. I stopped into a shop today and a youg lady was in distress over seeing a white animal in her shop. LOL I told her not to worry that she had the best mouse killer in town.

·
Premium Member
12,319 Posts
Check out these weasels - mind you I don't see very much fur...

·
Registered
20,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is one reference Weasel getting 'cheek' from the cat. Poor cat thinks the one in the basket is her kitten. She tries to give him a bath by holding him down with her front and rear legs and licking him soggy. Weasel grabs cat and the cat just pulls away and goes right back for more.

View attachment 178349

Waldo Weasel and Meezer Siameezer.

Don T

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Don you have a weasel in your house? As a pet?? Got to be an interesting household. What do you feed it? Weasel chow? Jeez I thought we were out there with two dogs. Bill

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hope the yotes have nice fur this winter. 26 today in Monterey county. Time to stock up on reloads and wait for the sun to rise so I can go call some.

·
Registered
20,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually Bill they are Ferrets, a member of the Mustela family thst includes Stoats ( Ermines ) and Weasels. They eat ground up Jack-rabbit. The cat and 2 weasels were aquired around the same time as babies and they all get along well. I thought sure that the cat would hurt them but she never has. Yep it gets crazy around here when they get to chasing each other and it isn't always the cat doing the chasing. The female stalks the cat and bites her on the butt then runs away. The weasels hang out and watch Teeee Veeee with me sometimes but mostly they get in a ball and squirm until everyone is comfortable and all go to sleep .... Under the blanket.

Don T

1 - 18 of 18 Posts