Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His son called me today, that his Dad died at 1030 this AM, Don was a wonderful friend to many of us at the Silver Dollar as well in Ohio, his home was Wilmington Ohio, I know Don made the All Amerivan team A few times he will surely be missed by us all, , When i hear of the funeral arrangements ill put it up, Tom Nowak

Funeral arrangements will be held for viewing between 5-8pm on Monday the 6th of January at Turner Davis Funeral home 201 South broadway, Lynchburg Ohio 45142, funeral following morning at 10am # of funeral home 937 364-2341

·
Registered
562 Posts
One of the long time shooters from our area. I pulled old average books out and shows him registering targets from 1954 to present, possibly earlier as I am missing a few years. Rest in peace, Paul Baker and family.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
He was just placed into the ohio state trapshooting hall of fame at the last state shoot in 2013. Nice man and an craftsman. He designed stocks and did most of his own woodworking. motordoc

motordoctor_2008_030346.jpg

·
Registered
995 Posts
That is sad news and a real shock to me, we were real close the last several years. He was a great shot and he really loved the game. I was so glad to see Ohio put him in their Hall of Fame last year.

RIP.

Terry & Nancy Jordan.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Oh that's truly sad news Buckshot. Don was one of the real good guys.

The Silver Dollar will have to find a new Mayor

Condolences to Don's Family.

Clif & Lynda Adams

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Man I really hate to hear this news. Don was a very close friend of mine.
He will be found at the big practice trap in the sky!
We will miss you dearly friend!! RIP
Rooferbob

Bob and Kim McConnell
Hamilton Ohio

·
Registered
16 Posts
My condolences to the Wilkin family on Don's passing. I've known Don for longer than I can remember. I do recall watching him shoot at Middletown SC in the early 70's. From 27 yards he wore a wool vest, cowboy hat, boots, and shot a Model 12. I don't remember too many shooters who hit targets harder than Don. Later, I had an opportunity to work with him on the OSTA board of directors and remember well his term as OSTA President. He was passionate about the sport and a true sportsman. Both he and Marilyn were good friends to me and I will miss them both.

Dean Townsend

·
Registered
599 Posts
What a shock to here of Don's passing. Just talked to him a week ago, he was looking forward to coming to the Dollar. We'll miss you Don.

Barb

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was shocked when I received belated news of Don's passing. I have lived in SW Ohio since 1966, Donnie was a major force in trap shooting then and remained so until his passing. He helped me in many ways in my younger days.

Always improving something in my effort to be come a better shooter.

I had the pleasure of being his neighbor at the state shoot the last few years.

He always taught me something about guns or shooting. He had an absolute wealth of knowledge.

Donnie you were my friend, and you will be greatly missed. Rest in peace and break em all at your next big shoot.

Art Brown Jr

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I squaded with Don at the Cardinal several times just by coincidence. I believe we were both on the 23 or 24 yd line at that time. He was breaking more targets than I was. I was shooting 3 dram # 7-1/2. After we finished, I asked him what shell he was shooting. He replied 2-3/4 dram #8. He said he needed all the little shot he could get to break them targets. Rest in peace my friend.

Clyde Doll

1 - 15 of 15 Posts