Trapshooters Forum banner

We lost a GOOD man

2726 Views 19 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  bill howe
Mr. Tom Freeman has passed away. ANYBODY who ever met him, knew that he was something special.
After many years of traveling to shoots and promoting trap and Tennessee, Tom was inducted into the Tennessee Trap Shooting Hall of Fame last year.
We knew Tom was sick..bad sick, he was basically locked down at home from the time the covid issue hit in March of last year until a month or so ago. Several of us asked the family if Tom could come to the Memphis Gun Club and meet us for an informal outing. We shared lunch and shot a round (that was about all his strength would allow) and then just sit and talk about anything he desired. We were blessed to do this every two weeks around his doctor visits and physical condition for a month or two. I think it did him good to feel the sunshine and smell gun powder.....it sure did us!
Now Tom is gone....and we are sad.
For me the best thing is that the last memory of Mr Tom, and the one I will hold dear, is him sitting on the bench at MSSA, with is shooting vest on, gun near by, in the company of friends, and his ever present smile.

The world is not quite as good a place without Tom Freeman.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Mr. Tom Freeman has passed away. ANYBODY who ever met him, knew that he was something special.
After many years of traveling to shoots and promoting trap and Tennessee, Tom was inducted into the Tennessee Trap Shooting Hall of Fame last year.
We knew Tom was sick..bad sick, he was basically locked down at home from the time the covid issue hit in March of last year until a month or so ago. Several of us asked the family if Tom could come to the Memphis Gun Club and meet us for an informal outing. We shared lunch and shot a round (that was about all his strength would allow) and then just sit and talk about anything he desired. We were blessed to do this every two weeks around his doctor visits and physical condition for a month or two. I think it did him good to feel the sunshine and smell gun powder.....it sure did us!
Now Tom is gone....and we are sad.
For me the best thing is that the last memory of Mr Tom, and the one I will hold dear, is him sitting on the bench at MSSA, with is shooting vest on, gun near by, in the company of friends, and his ever present smile.

The world is not quite as good a place without Tom Freeman.
Had the pleasure of knowing Tom for a number of years. A fine gentleman. He and I shared a supper table every nite during the 2018 Grand. He will be fondly remembered , and sorely missed .

· Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Sorry to hear of my friend Tom Freemans passing . Shot a lot of targets over the years with Tom at the Missouri St Shoot & Fall Hdcps . I always thought he was over dressed for Trap Shooting . I loved the flowery welders caps . Rest In Peace Tom .

· Registered
1,301 Posts
Condolences to his family and all his friends, sounds like he shared some very good times with those friends up until the end.

· Registered
614 Posts
Sorry to hear of my friend Tom Freemans passing . Shot a lot of targets over the years with Tom at the Missouri St Shoot & Fall Hdcps . I always thought he was over dressed for Trap Shooting . I loved the flowery welders caps . Rest In Peace Tom .
Yes indeed, you could always pick him out in a crowd wearing
his beloved welders csp. A class guy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.