Trapshooters Forum banner

We installed new Pat traps this weekend

2254 Views 19 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  wadcrusher
At the Medicine Hat Clay Target Center we installed 3 new Pat traps we pulled out the last 3 GVN Super stars on Thursday and Friday we now have 4 Pat traps. We opened for practice on Saturday I got 3 rounds in today the machines worked better then I shot.
Darrell
Tire Automotive tire Tread Camera lens Carbon
Automotive tire Waste container Motor vehicle Red Gas
Automotive tire Sky Wood Line Water
Gas Bumper Machine Automotive wheel system Machine tool
Building Wood Electrical wiring Tape measure Wall
Cloud Sky Ecoregion People in nature Tree
lll
Motor vehicle Helmet Gas Military uniform Military person
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
You might also consider installing the Debris Deflector on all of your machines. They are well
worth the $30.00. We had trouble with our machines going out of time, we put the debris deflectors on and have not had a problem since. That was 6 years ago.

· Registered
7,463 Posts
At the Medicine Hat Clay Target Center we installed 3 new Pat traps we pulled out the last 3 GVN Super stars on Thursday and Friday we now have 4 Pat traps. We opened for practice on Saturday I got 3 rounds in today the machines worked better then I shot.
Darrell View attachment 1742572 View attachment 1742573 View attachment 1742574 View attachment 1742575 View attachment 1742576 View attachment 1742577 lll View attachment 1742571
Good for your club. You rock!

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice looking trap house.
You might consider putting a leg brace to support the overhang on the original pedestal.
Get the pump off the floor by putting it on the wall with a shelf.

Ron Burdick
Shelfs are being installed this week for mounting the pumps off the floor. Thanks for the support idea for the overhang.
Darrell
I see you all have some artist`s there
Had to go back and look. Trap kids 🤣

· Registered
500 Posts
Easy supports for the frame are cellar jack posts. They require a little fabrication but it’s simple.
-make up 1/4” plates, to anchor to the the floor, with four bolt holes.
-weld these to the bottom of the tube.
- weld the internally threaded ring to the tube.
-drill and tap, 3/8-16 worked in my case, the top of the threaded screw.
- make up some 1/4“ support plates, with clearance holes for 3/8” to mount between the machine and the screw.
-make the top support plates to suit the machine base, fasten the plates to the frame. Once you have it level, turning the screw up and down, lock down the 3/8” bolt.

The install that I did, Vince Valoice set me up with a sketch on his how to. That included an angle iron frame that was made with enough clearance to set the Pat Trap frame in. The frame was secured to the concrete pad, similar to the pad in OP’s pictures. Then the machine was set in the frame and secured in place with bolts. The overhanging frame section was secured to the floor with modified jack stands, like in the sketch. The thread screw can then be used to level the frame, then locked in place by the 3/8” bolt.

Handwriting Rectangle Font Wood Parallel

· Registered
2,990 Posts
Congrats on the new equipment. I had the pleasure of being involved in the changeover to new machines a few years ago. Vince did the install, but having the old throwers out and moving both old & new around the site kept us busy. It was well worth all the work. Enjoy and shoot well.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
We have Pat Traps at our club in SW Lower Michigan. Great Traps.
I read a thread here a few years ago about installing Heat Strip Tapes on the oil tank and hoses.
Did it at out club, also insulated the oil tank.
You can get them at most hardware stores.
It really helps when the temps drop for us.
Just a thought for you.
The ones we purchased had inline thermostats that kick them in when the temp drops.
Works great.
Enjoy your new Traps,
Wadcrusher

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.