Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out Italy signed the UN gun treaty--what does this mean--They can't export Italian guns.

Now if Kerry had signed that treaty--Remington, Winchester,Ljutic, DeVault and others could only sell in the U.S.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
863 Posts
Phil
Are you sure that is what the treaty says?

You might want to take a second look.

Have a great day.

Shawn

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe me-get your Perazzi's while you can--they're history unless Italy does an about face.
phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NO04VXBIS0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Banned
302 Posts
After scanning the World-Wide-Web, I cant find any reference to Italy doing anything regarding this arms treaty in the past few days. True, they signed it back in September, the ONLY EU Nation to do so. Based on what I've read (albeit quickly here today) there are a whole bunch of countries that have to ratify this in order for anything to ever happen. Kerry and Obama support it but it would have to be ratified by the senate and by all reports, that's not likely to happen. I don't get what all the panic now would be about... seems very unlikely and a long way off to me.... Phil, do you have a Perazzi for sale? (Just Kidding ;-))

I think I will Be Calm and Carry On Shooting!

Kevin Tapply
Arvada, Colorado

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
There must had been an influx of worldwide Islamic insurgent groups being armed with Perazzi shotguns for Italy to have signed off on this treaty. *rolls eyes*

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
IF (and that's a pretty huge IF) Italian arms manufacturers were prevented from exporting/importing firearms into the US, they would just build a manufacturing facility here.

The US is too big a marketplace not to. I doubt many firearm companies would be able to survive without any US sales.

·
Registered
71 Posts
And there is the rub Mike. You are trusting Obama, Schumer, Kerry, Feinstein et al to police us. Also there are almost no guidelines as to what a "Human Right" is. It can be left up to whatever the statists need it to be.

There is a reason no President before wanted to sign this and this Marxist clown with his vehemently anti-gun AG couldn't wait to.

·
Registered
303 Posts
There was a freeze on Italian firearm shipments to the US about a month ago. The italian National Police
which has the authority to sign export licenses stopped. No reason was given and ALL Italian firearms shipments were held up. I don't know the reason for this but several companies that I work with had shipments delayed. I would assume that the major factories worked this out. Whether or not this was due to the UN Treaty, who knows.

Bob Gibson
Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
813 Posts
The treaty is not worth the paper it's printed on because the United States Senate WILL NEVER RATIFY IT.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts