Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard we are experiencing a high call volume for 3 hours trying to get through to the employment claim office. We called just after nine and waited till after 12pm cause I know if you hung up and called back later you would just hear the same thing again. Where the hell did the 16000 government employee's go they hired a while back?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Don't know about where you're from but here in Iowa the unemployment workers are hired by the State. Here they laid off a bunch and from what I hear getting unemployment is a nightmare compared to what it used to be.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
That's okay. They really don't want people to work or even show an inclination to working.

Just go and dial the welfare office. I bet you will get real quick service.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
The more people who apply, the worse the statistics. So why not discourage people from applying?

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do work and have my own business it is my wife that is looking. She takes any job she can find and there is only very short term, two or three days a week jobs, out there. I have worked since I was 13 and now 58 APrice so it's not a matter of just hanging up a phone and going and getting a job and w/2 children in the house we take anything we can get. She wants to work rather then have to be on the phone for hrs. We are not freeloaders.

She is even looking extra hard now because her family was in the Typhoon in the Philippines. They are now homeless.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
jmunsell

Sorry to hear of your wife's families loss. Most companies are not hiring full time (thank clown care)

If some people could shoot as good as they run their mouths it would be amazing

I wish you and yours well.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
jmunsell, sorry to hear of your predicament. I'm sure it varies by locality, but most of the big box stores and all of the fast food places around here are literally begging for help.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. We do have one thing and that is FAITH. About 15min after my last post the wife got a call to go to work for Nike and they said it could last a year anyway. We just keep pluggen along.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Wait until someone on the inside of the unemployment office uses your name and SS number to collect compensation. I found out about a year after the fact and it has been a nightmare trying to straighten it out.

Chuck

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Atually, I had a (sort of) good experience with a call to Social Security. The robot said there would be a one hour wait, but they would call me back rather than have me hold.

The one hour turned into more, but they did call back and the person on the other end printed forms for me while I was on the phone, and put them in the mail. Problem immediately taken care of.

Better than sitting with a phone glued to your ear.

HM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts