Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Last week in the Cheyenne Wy. Lowes store, a 59 year old woman dropped her concealed small caliber pistol while at the check out line.

I heard it was a derringer type pistol. It went off, striking a 22 year old woman in the arm. I think she was the checkout clerk.

so far no charges filed, but I'll bet shortly there will be a no fire arms allowed sign at the front door of Lowes.

These kinds of accidents don't do any good for those of us who believe in concealed carry.

Only a year or two ago, a young high school girl dropped her purse containing a derringer in a local starbucks . It discharged, but didn't hit anyone. Apprently she was carrying it in the cocked position.

You can't fix stupid. Maybe these small guns without devices to prevent discharges when dropped need to be out Lawed. Too many stupid people. IMO

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Quote: <i>"... a young high school girl dropped her purse containing a derringer in a local starbucks."</i>

She wasn't "stupid". She was acting lawlessly.

I can think of at least two crimes she committed, not counting reckless endangerment.

And additional anti-gun laws are supposed to prevent this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts