Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a trap forum, but I thought you might like to know. At the Pan American tournament in Dallas this past weekend Wayne Mayes, aged 68, posted his 200th career 100 straight in the 410 bore. Only those of us who shoot both trap and skeet can appreciate what an accomplishment this is. Congratulations, Wayno!

http://www.waynemayes.com/410hundreds.htm

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Hitting anything consistently with a .410 is a challenge.....and 200 straights with one is special for sure.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Larry Woo had the record at one time with something like 650 straight with the 410 in tournaments. Wonder if that has been broken?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
claybrdr said: "Larry Woo had the record at one time with something like 650 straight with the 410 in tournaments. Wonder if that has been broken?"

Wayne also holds the world record for the most 410 tournament targets broken in a row at 777 accomplished in 1994. Imagine, shooting 777 tournament 410 targets in a row without a miss. Truly amazing!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Congratulations to Wayne very very few skeet shooters will ever record a single 100 straight in 410 in fact very few will ever record a single 25 straight in 410. Don't matter if you like the game or not Skill is Skill.

--- Chip King ---

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
My Hats off to Wayne for being one of the best shooters on this planet. He is truly one with the Idiot stick as most skeeters call it. I could not tell you how happy I'd be with just one. LOL. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
52 Posts
I may be mistaken but at one time Wayne Mayes held the ATA record for shooting the fewest handicap targets to obtain 27 yards. 1900 targets sticks in my mind but I could be wrong. If this incorrect info. please post.
Eric Schmidt

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
3 of the greatest guys and shooters on the planet are in that video..........Wayne Mayes, Todd Bender, and Kurt Grates. I'm glad to have shot with all 3, but I'm even prouder to call them friends!

Matt Woodson

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Wayne Mayes is a "ledgend" in the Skeet community. he shot his way to fame with an old Win. 1400 with a bleached stock nicknamed "Blondie" What many people don't know is he was once a very accomplised Trap shooter, and I wouldn't be too hasty to bet the farm against him in a "meat shoot" yet today! He is a fine gentleman and handy with any kind of shotgun!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.