Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michael Bloomfield was a great Blues guitarist/singer back in the 60's and 70's.

I've been trying to figure out some of the lyrics to one of his songs, "Feel So Good".

But have had no luck with the search. I did find a link to this song where the mystery lyrics can be heard. I've attached the link to the lyrics quoted below. If you’d care to take a shot at deciphering what he's singing, click on the link below then scroll down and play the track #3 sample. I’d appreciate your thoughts.

Somewhere around 00:12 on the clock you'll hear:

"I feel so good, just like ???????? ??? ????"

What's he singing???

I don't even care to guess. I remember an army buddy of mine who swore that Deep Purple's classic Smoke On The Water, was of course "snow covered water".

Thanks, cls

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
The above link will get you a boatload of MB info, discography etc.

The song is also on the album "don't Say that I ain't Your Man".

The composer was Magic Sam.

I'm looking for the album on DC++ now.

HM

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
Got it. "Feel so good, Just like Ballin the Jack".

Recognized it after the first few bars. Jo-Ann Kelley did a nice version.

It's a popular club band song. Get to the blues bars, man.

I think I've heard a couple other versions too. If you want the Jo Ann version get a hold of me and I'll FTP it or something.

HM

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Ballin the Jack", that's what I thought too. But what the heck does that mean? Is that like a dance move or something?

I've been to and played in plenty of blues bars HM, it's the half mile flat tracks I miss. Wish I was younger... To give you some idea how long it's been, when I was racing motocross it was on a Bultaco. cls

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
Ballin the jack was a dance move of some sort, Danny Kaye had a song about it. Dean Martin too. Now, THAT'S before my time. (well, not before my time but just not my bag)

Hit the link.

You don't have to miss the flat track action, season is just starting.

Watch Mike Rush and Nick Cummings. Hot rookies.

HM

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.

HM, while so many of the great hot shoes come from Michigan, I don't even know where they race anymore. Maybe some county fair tracks?

Used to see them a couple times a year at Northville Downs horse track. But that ended years ago. cls

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
Looks like Ricky makes the hall of fame. Mash the link for flat track fun.

Michigan guys raise hell on the Ohio 1/2 miles. columbus, Greenville, Springfield, Lima. Went to one a few years back at Norwalk, watched Ronnie Rall
and George Roeder Sr. put on a little old timer "grudge race" with the KR and BSA.

When our Wisconsin guys think they're cool we take them to Ohio for advanced schooling.

The website should have enough links and stuff for schedules. Wish I could go more, but finances limit me to just a few Nationals each year, Springfield, Grand Rapids, Joliet.

After all, we have to shoot, too.

HM

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah thanks Denny, I'd say Sonny Watson pretty much covers it.

Now where can I find the tablature? Have never been very good at working stuff out by ear. Don't have the patience. Then again this song isn't really all that technical

Thanks again, Chuck

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Like the Blues but am a real fan of Fusion...

Here's the master at work... dave Weckl

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s35.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Videos/davewecklchicken1.flv"></embed>

Jerbear

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.