Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do gun clubs have to supply water at each trap?Can they charge you for the water?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
We provided water at all eight traps during warm weather, and never even considered charging for it. If I went to a club that charged for water, they would never get any of my money. I don't know if it is a requirement.

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
I can see having a cooler with a dispenser button and cups, but with WuFlu I think you are going to need bottled water- and a safe way to distribute it (can't use a cooler with bottles and ice - and a bare hand)

So, if they have water (or soda) and they want a buck a bottle - why not help to support the hosting club?

Reactions: Firewater

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,805 Posts
At the State shoot recently, the PSSA provided large insulated water coolers and disposable cups at every pair of Traps along the line. They’ll continue to do so....this is their normal set-up. Patrons were very much appreciative.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Several of the clubs I shoot at used to supply water in coolers for there shooters on the fields. With disposable throw away cups as well. This is a thing of the past now with Covid-19. The lawsuits it can bring to the club could close them down. needless to say there are no more coolers at any of the shooting clubs I shoot at since March. Its a lawsuit waiting to happen today. Bring your own water. Its hot now. Everyone has to touch the button to release the water flow. That's a no-no today. IMO this will last all summer long. break em all Jeff

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo & CG Summit Combo.
8,133 Posts
At the State shoot, the PSSA provided large insulated water coolers and disposable cups at every pair of Traps along the line. This is their normal set-up. Patrons were very much appreciative.

Same at each bank at the Cardinal. For every shoot. But I always take my own. Part of my routine between boxes.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Most all clubs in Texas provide bottled water on every pair of traps on the line at Registered, Zone, and State Shoots . It gets hot here just as it does everywhere. It is certainly appreciated and a very nice gesture to the shooters that shoot their events. I'm certainly glad that it is available!!!

·
Premium Member
Brownings
761 Posts
Most all clubs in Texas provide bottled water on every pair of traps on the line at Registered, Zone, and State Shoots . It gets hot here just as it does everywhere. It is certainly appreciated and a very nice gesture to the shooters that shoot their events. I'm certainly glad that it is available!!!
Yea, but the NSC will not be supplying water at this year's state shoot. I can't think of any way that water could safely be handled and dispensed from coolers at this time. Don't know about Waco and Amarillo.

I will be taking my own water with me.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Didn't someone have a story on here about some of the trap help dunking their t-shirts in the cooler and putting them back on to cool off? Eh, had to have been a dream. I always liked the people who would refill their store bought water bottle from the cooler. :1augen68:

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Bob yes!
I never drink the water out of the coolers.
Seen way too many things done to that water such as boy coming out of trap house and removing lid and soaking his t-shirt in it. I actually saw this at a KY state shoot many years ago.
I always take my own.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Bob yes!
I never drink the water out of the coolers.
Seen way too many things done to that water such as boy coming out of trap house and removing lid and soaking his t-shirt in it. I actually saw this at a KY state shoot many years ago.
I always take my own.
gross..

K

·
Thorn in your side
8,111 Posts
Didn't someone have a story on here about some of the trap help dunking their t-shirts in the cooler and putting them back on to cool off? Eh, had to have been a dream. I always liked the people who would refill their store bought water bottle from the cooler. :1augen68:

Bob Falfa
What is the issue with refilling a bottle out of the cooler? How is that any different than using a disposable cup?

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Only that it empties the cooler faster, putting the smaller disposable cup users at a disadvantage. No big deal, I guess. I usually bring my own.

Bob Falfa

1 - 20 of 36 Posts