water | Trap Shooters Forum
  1. Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. If you have done so and entered your login information, change your password immediately, and ensure the email address on your account is correct. This is a phishing scam designed to take your login information. Details here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/confirmation-email-warning.694601/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Members are required to have 50 posts before using the Classifieds Area, or PM system to contact. Any subversion of these rules will result in action taken against your account. The rules are posted here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-for-sale-by-members-want-to-buy-want-to-trade-sections.265247/
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

water

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RAD, Jun 30, 2020.

1. RAD

RAD Member

Do gun clubs have to supply water at each trap?Can they charge you for the water?

2. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold Well-Known Member

We provided water at all eight traps during warm weather, and never even considered charging for it. If I went to a club that charged for water, they would never get any of my money. I don't know if it is a requirement.

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

No

Yes

4. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Not required but if you appreciate your patrons you'll darn sure provide it.

jk80, nitro27man, Gussers and 4 others thanked this.
  5. Dustydoo

Dustydoo Well-Known Member

Who bathes on the trap line?:)

slayer thanked this.
  6. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Well-Known Member

It could be a COVID 19 thing not to have shared water. I know at work there is no bring in shared snacks or donuts.

Charlie Becknell thanked this.
  7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I can see having a cooler with a dispenser button and cups, but with WuFlu I think you are going to need bottled water- and a safe way to distribute it (can't use a cooler with bottles and ice - and a bare hand)

So, if they have water (or soda) and they want a buck a bottle - why not help to support the hosting club?

Firewater thanked this.
  8. kmag

kmag Active Member

I figure I should bring my own. It's my responsibility. I also have no issue with a club charging as long as it's reasonable. $1 for a water bottle is fine.

9. Jaburg1

Jaburg1 Ya can't miss with a shotgun TS Supporters

At the State shoot recently, the PSSA provided large insulated water coolers and disposable cups at every pair of Traps along the line. They’ll continue to do so....this is their normal set-up. Patrons were very much appreciative.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Phatmann, jk80, Firewater and 2 others thanked this.
  10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Several of the clubs I shoot at used to supply water in coolers for there shooters on the fields. With disposable throw away cups as well. This is a thing of the past now with Covid-19. The lawsuits it can bring to the club could close them down. needless to say there are no more coolers at any of the shooting clubs I shoot at since March. Its a lawsuit waiting to happen today. Bring your own water. Its hot now. Everyone has to touch the button to release the water flow. That's a no-no today. IMO this will last all summer long. break em all Jeff

11. WadHopper

WadHopper What squad am I on?

Same at each bank at the Cardinal. For every shoot. But I always take my own. Part of my routine between boxes.

Russ-in-Pa and Jaburg1 thanked this.
  12. chipped99

chipped99 Well-Known Member

Most all clubs in Texas provide bottled water on every pair of traps on the line at Registered, Zone, and State Shoots . It gets hot here just as it does everywhere. It is certainly appreciated and a very nice gesture to the shooters that shoot their events. I'm certainly glad that it is available!!!

13. charleyj10

charleyj10 Member

Yea, but the NSC will not be supplying water at this year's state shoot. I can't think of any way that water could safely be handled and dispensed from coolers at this time. Don't know about Waco and Amarillo.

I will be taking my own water with me.

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Didn't someone have a story on here about some of the trap help dunking their t-shirts in the cooler and putting them back on to cool off? Eh, had to have been a dream. I always liked the people who would refill their store bought water bottle from the cooler. :1augen68:

Bob Falfa

15. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

Bob yes!
    I never drink the water out of the coolers.
    Seen way too many things done to that water such as boy coming out of trap house and removing lid and soaking his t-shirt in it. I actually saw this at a KY state shoot many years ago.
    I always take my own.

Charlie Becknell and jk80 thanked this.
  16. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Well-Known Member

gross..

K

17. Dewey Cox

Dewey Cox Active Member

I believe that's known as "local flavor"

Charlie Becknell and trappermike thanked this.
  18. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

At my club we provide bottled water during these times.

George MT. and Gussers thanked this.
  19. Gussers

Gussers Thorn in your side TS Supporters

What is the issue with refilling a bottle out of the cooler? How is that any different than using a disposable cup?

20. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Only that it empties the cooler faster, putting the smaller disposable cup users at a disadvantage. No big deal, I guess. I usually bring my own.

Bob Falfa