Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times have you watched someone shoot, not being able to see the shot string but seeing the wad and told them they were shooting high,low,behind or what ever.. based on where you saw the wad.. also how many times have you seen a target smoked and the wad go right through the center of the smoke?? my question is, if the wad goes through the center of the smoke.. why is it when you pattern a gun at 13 yards.. the wad makes a hole in the paper a foot from the center of your pattern?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Wads are not designed to be aerodynamic nor are they intended to follow the shot.

If the wad goes through the center of the smoke, it was just a coincidence. And it might just mean that the wad is staying with the shot for too long.

MK

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have never told someone that by watching the wad, it doesn't seem you nor anyone else so far does either. Maybe its one of those things that worked in Vandalia and now destroyed by secret and evil EC?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I always hope the wad bounces off the targets I miss so the scorekeeper will think it's a chip.
Always shoot wads the same color as the targets. ;>)

XT

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
No wonder i'm shooting so crappy. I been adjusting my aim all this time according to my wad. Oh well, ain't the first time my wad has got me in trouble.------Matt

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I've been shooting bright orange DR Fig 8 clones. (They load very nice in STS hulls)

Last week we were shooting a "Duck Hunters shoot" where you got three shots to kill two clays.

I saw a chunk of bird come off the second bird with my second shot and never took the third..... My son says "Dad why didn't you shoot again?" "Because I broke the bird, didn't you see the piece?"

"No dad, that was your wad....."

LOST!!!!

LoL! SW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.