or put your head down until it is your turn
to shoot? It seems like top shooters watch
every bird. Sometimes the miss before I shoot
and “LOST” plays in my head.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,979 Posts
Absolutely, I watch every bird thrown the entire round of every sub event.

DO NOT look at the ground and then when your shot, look up and call for your target. This method severely detracts from your eyes ability to focus at distance.

Watching every target will give you clues for preparation of your target and the effects wind/weather effects.

Scorers, bless their hearts, having a long boring task of sitting in isolated conditions. Boredom and concentration diminish through the coarse of scoring. They are not always constantly attentive. They make mistakes, both ways.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I watch every target for the reasons stated by pheasantmaster. There is one downside and I admit I'm guilty of it. By watching I will unconsciously try to pick up patterns and I'll typically expect my target to not be in the same place as the previous one. Trying to predict the the direction of your target isn't a good thing.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I keep my eyes up because of the distance-focus thing, but I might be watching an adjacent field! If I try to concentrate too hard, too long I feel like I'm trying to predict where my target will present. My squad rhythm is dictated more by the sound of others call for their target.

·
6,412 Posts
I don't actually watch other shooters birds, I tend to focus on my hold point given the post I'm on... and see their birds in my peripheral vision...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm there to shoot, not check the scorekeeper on all the targets. I watch the target on the shooter in front of me, but not the others. I look out over the field with a soft focus, because I want my target to be special, so that it stands out..

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I watch everyone’s target in case there is a question on the scorers call.
My whole squad watches each others targets too.
Not what you first thought, most of the time it is calling a loss not a hit.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts