Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am currently in Richland Was. Wondering if there are any gunsmiths that you would recommend close by.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind or service are you looking for?
Mike
Am wanting a old Franchi trap gun I have gone through before I donate it to the gun club for the youth shooters. Have had a few misfires on the bottom barrel with Remington STS , but same shell fired fine in top barrel.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Actually, McNight is an excellent suggestion, but you'd probably have to ship it of course. I'll tell you what... since it is a donation to your club for the youth shooters, if you want to drive it up here (sorry, but i'm about 2 1/2 hours from you), I will help you box it up and ship it to him if that helps. I can supply a new box, and will split "my cost" to ground ship it to him with you. The only catch is that I'd need Mcnight's FFL (this should be easy!!), and it would have to either come back here (for you to pick up) or go to another FFL near you at that point. Anyway, if any of this helps somehow, let me know.
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, McNight is an excellent suggestion, but you'd probably have to ship it of course. I'll tell you what... since it is a donation to your club for the youth shooters, if you want to drive it up here (sorry, but i'm about 2 1/2 hours from you), I will help you box it up and ship it to him if that helps. I can supply a new box, and will split "my cost" to ground ship it to him with you. The only catch is that I'd need Mcnight's FFL (this should be easy!!), and it would have to either come back here (for you to pick up) or go to another FFL near you at that point. Anyway, if any of this helps somehow, let me know.
Mike
Appreciate the offer , if I can't find someone around here , I will take it to Eubanks , I'm originally from Homedale , just have been up in Washington working for over a year now. Got back into shooting and the club in Hermiston Oregon promotes youth shooters and very impressed with them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's a good move, I don't know Eubanks personally yet, but I know he has a VERY good reputation with many shooters. I always appreciate folks helping out the youth shooters. Good luck with it!
Mike

·
Registered
334 Posts
He does not have to go through a FFl to have repairs done and he can receive it back without an FFl.
No, the reference to having his FFL was because IF it shipped out of my shop I would have to log it into my books (from Big Hoss) and back out to either the original customer (Big Hoss) or another FFL. Therefore I would have needed McNight's FFL to ship it to him. If it came back to ME, I would have been able to simply hand it back to Big Hoss (and log it back out to him).
Mike

And BTW, you are absolutely correct, a gun owner can drop off their gun with any FFL for repair/alteration and receive it back without any other FFL type paperwork... it's their gun.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You might give Shawn Thomason (Diamond T Rifle Shop in Craigmont ID) a call. Great gunsmith. Might be too swamped for a fast turn-around, but he's worth a call. 208-924-5335 (call after 4 pm and before 6 pm).

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Bighoss, if you decide on Roger and make the arrangements if you can get it to LaGrande I will take it on down to him. Youth shooting is the future of the nation and not just for Trap. Wallowa, LaGrande, Baker City and Union all have high school teams also...... The Hermiston group is good and strong and John Adams and the others there do one heck of a job. Buck Garritson coaches the group in LaGrande and Curtis Bloom takes care of the Wallowa group, Dave Dahlstrom leads the group in Union. Baker City team is new this year and I am not sure who has taken the lead (perhaps Jim Maddox).... Larry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bighoss, if you decide on Roger and make the arrangements if you can get it to LaGrande I will take it on down to him. Youth shooting is the future of the nation and not just for Trap. Wallowa, LaGrande, Baker City and Union all have high school teams also...... The Hermiston group is good and strong and John Adams and the others there do one heck of a job. Buck Garritson coaches the group in LaGrande and Curtis Bloom takes care of the Wallowa group, Dave Dahlstrom leads the group in Union. Baker City team is new this year and I am not sure who has taken the lead (perhaps Jim Maddox).... Larry
Appreciate it , talked with John today , he is going to have one of the members take it with him to Arizona at the Grand there is a gunsmith they know, going to have him look through it , had a young shooter use it today and shot a 21 with it. Top barrel shoots fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Already donated and it's going to get looked at , hope the kids for a long time get good use of a old Franchi Brescia

1 - 19 of 19 Posts