Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a school teacher and miss teaching my students.
Our superintendent just announced for now another month.
I miss my weekend Shooting.
This is in California
Kern county.

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will bet you are probably done for the year. They are saying 1% possibility that they will reopen around here in Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The schools are having an on line meeting Zoom tomorrow. I will know more than.
I realize in my opinion with my club closed already I may not have a shoot for a while.
It will rebound.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I will bet you are probably done for the year. They are saying 1% possibility that they will reopen around here in Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'll ride that bet.
We're not supposed to go back until the end of April.
So far we got around 100 reported infected, but I'm guessing that all it will take is two or three school age kids to be infected and we're done for the year. Supposed to start uploading lessons/enrichment activities to Google Drive so the kids got something to do.
Range is closed until end of April also so I'm spending some time dry firing at orange antenna balls hanging on the wall.

Headgear Cap Helmet Signage

·
Registered
978 Posts
NJ schools are closed until April 20. We have been teaching online since March 16th. It isn't without issues, but we are making it happen and the days are counting.

I'm quickly learning how to use new technology to make it as best of a situation as I can for the students.

No talk of a return date yet, but the state DOE just cancelled all the standardized tests for the year. We are one of the harder hit states so who knows when this will all clear up. Delaware just announced they are out until May 15th.

Just about every gun range in NJ is also closed, so no shooting for me either.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Special Education several handicapped don't have computers at home or internet. We do have Chrome books at school but my students are unable to log in .We will be discussing that tomorrow. K-3

Steve

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I think most schools will try over the Internet with Chrome books and free "SIM Cards ". I do not think Kids go back this school year in MD . In VA they are staying home till summer break . Our Trap shooting ? I'm thinking maybe mid June . A few clubs are open ( mid MD ,Va & WV ) and some have the restriction that a member can bring one guest . No ATA .

·
Registered
978 Posts
My Special Education several handicapped don't have computers at home or internet. We do have Chrome books at school but my students are unable to log in .We will be discussing that tomorrow. K-3

Steve
We were fortunate that we only had about 50 kids who did not have a device and internet at home. We took 50 of our best laptops at school and distributed them as loaners. Our local cable company gave them all free hotspots to use. It took about a week to get that up and going. They were on paper before that.

As far as the severely handicapped kids, that's a different ballgame. I am not sure what is going on with them but I do know those who just need someone to walk them through stuff are getting live help online through Zoom and Google hangouts from our Special Ed teachers and aides.

Still no shooting for the rest of us. I don't even have a wall chart game to get me through the downtime.

·
Registered
311 Posts
We are scheduled to be out until April 27th (maybe that is the right date) and have been doing online education all week after spring break last week.

Here in Kansas City (North KC) their decision to go 1-1 with laptops and iPads looks like a smart one right now. I was against it up until now. But we are able to hold some semblance of school now. It is definitely not the best but we are making the most of it.

My guess is we are just a few days away from cancelling for the rest of the year. Kansas schools are done for the year already.

In the bright side... After this we won't ever have to make up snow days, just online it up...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Tough decisions all the way around but the main concern is safety. The way we teach may be changed for a year or so. Maybe an all year process starting in Jun with shorten breaks, no summer vacation. Technology is going to be the key to future work-a-rounds. That and having the resources to equip each student with the necessary hardware. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tough decisions all the way around but the main concern is safety. The way we teach may be changed for a year or so. Maybe an all year process starting in Jun with shorten breaks, no summer vacation. Technology is going to be the key to future work-a-rounds. That and having the resources to equip each student with the necessary hardware. Time will tell.
I taught year round for 15 years . It works . Your students retain so much more. We had breaks for vacation they were shorter. If we worked then we got double pay. If we took the time off we received regularly pay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts