Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on the Michigan web site and saw that the 2014 program was updated, I thought whoo hoo I have something to read and plan out my summer with. I then read a bit further and found that only a small portion has been updated. Just warning you guys that the dates and rules in the program(as of today) is not up to date.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
If it's like most States, the Events and dates are pretty much the same every year. It will likely be the same weeks of the month and the same month as it has been for many years. Usually only the name of the Event changes to reflect last years winner. Shouldn't be that hard to plan around.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MTA dates have changes a bunch this year.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
ATA website says Michigan State Shoot is:

7/1- 7/6 2014

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was not asking when the date of the shoots are, I was just warning folks that the 2014 program on the MTA website is not correct and not to use it for scheduling your trips to Mason

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dates at the top of the program are fine, the dates later in the program are from last season.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
9point3

Your statement above "I was just warning folks that the 2014 program on the MTA website is not correct and not to use it for scheduling your trips to Mason"

Is very misleading .. the dates at shown at the beginning 2014 Mason Schedule are correct and people should have no problem planning their shooting according to these dates.

Spring Team Shoot
May 2-3-4

Great Lakes Grand
May 21-22-23-24-25

Michigan State Shoot
July 1-2-3-4-5-6

Fall Team Shoot
September 5-6-7

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
For all those attending the shoots in Mason, MI. The MTA will again be offering PreSquad.com .. if you want to avoid the squading lines it's a fast and easy way to sign up yourself or your whole squad.

The people in charge of this will post here on TS.com when that option will open.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not mean to misslead. The powers that be should know better than to publish a incomplete program.

Some of us look at the program and use the dates listed to determine what days of each shoot they will be attending (not everybody can go for for the whole shoot)

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
Whatever you do don't give them anytime to update the site, which needed an overhaul. Whatever you do don't give the board any credit for putting together new and exciting programs for the coming year.

Anybody's program is usually championship days are Sat. and Sun. HOA starts on Wed.

Yes find something relatively minor to complain about.

Don

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don,

I am sorry that I posted anything about the MTA program and its inconsistencies. I was just trying to give folks a warning but I know now that I shouldn't do that.

BTW, where does one find out about what the board is doing regarding the "new and exciting" program? Nothing on the website. No contact info for the board.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
9point3

Their names are listed.. have you tried looking their phone numbers up??

Did you even bother to make an attempt to contact someone before coming on TS.com and trying to stir up a stink?? I googled two of the names and their phone numbers popped right up.

From what I am told, the new board is busting their butts to improve the shoots and bring back some excitement to all of the Michigan shoots. How about you contact the board and tell them you want to help instead of bashing them from the side lines!!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
michmoe,

I often struggle to find the MTA site as well, for some reason it does not come up on searches very well. I have it as a favorite but I am not always on my computer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Moe try michigantrap.com 9point3 I have explaned is previous posts that we are working on getting the web back to speed-nothing has been done in a couple years-The program is almost complete & I will get on our web page asap. If you look under 2014 Mi Trap Programs I did put ( comming soon.)We have lots of exciting things happening in Mason this year. I'am trying to keep our shooters informed best I can -you can only imagine the mess we are dealing with - after JDs passing we are just now getting things back to normal. We have a great board working very hard to get things turned around ( and we will) Thanks for your patience. Jim Creighton MTA Director

·
Registered
201 Posts
PLEASE NOTE: ALL MTA DIRECTOR INFO & MORE CAN BE FOUND BY CALLING OUR PHONE AT THE MTA: 517-676-2295 THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE NEW IMPROVEMENTS WE WERE WORKING ON-IF YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE THE PERSON YOU NEED TO TALK TO GETS AN EMAIL & WILL RETURN YOUR CALL. THANKS. GIVE IT A TRY YOU'LL LIKE IT....

·
Registered
955 Posts
Concerns about scheduling trips?? Really? The dates are on the MTA website and were publicized as far back as the Fall Team.

My vacation days for the GLG and MI State Shoot were submitted/approved at work by the end of the first week of January(couldn't turn them in until Jan 2) Hotel reservations were in place by the second week. Just waiting on presquad. All from the middle of Illinois.

Vacation time was also scheduled for the Illinois State Shoot and the MO fall caps and I don't have those programs either.

This isn't rocket surgery. If 9.3 is looking for reading material...maybe he should go buy a magazine.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I live close enough to make day trips to Mason. I am limited on how many days I can shoot so I like to pick days where I can get the most bang for my buck. With the shortening of the programs, I want to know what events are on each day. But as Jim mentioned, the Program is on its way.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts