Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I received a package in the mail on Friday from the Air Force, I was kind of surprised since I have been retired for over 2 years. I don't like to brag, but I'm proud that I served my country. I was awarded the Nuclear deterrence operations service medal. It's probably the last decoration I will ever see. Friday was a good day.

·
Premium Member
8,005 Posts
Congrats and all my best for your years of honor and service to our country. It's to bad the press won't hold up fine examples of men like yourself, to encourage duty and honor in our lost generation youth. Instead of glorifying selfishness and lawless behavior in our streets, and for not showing them that they to can be apart of something bigger and greater than just themselves. And in so doing,help improve and protect the country that has given us all so much.
Thank you again
Aloha One

·
Registered
58 Posts
That is an awesome achievement ! You should be proud of it. Thank you for your service to this country so that I may live freely and enjoy this great country.

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,589 Posts
Way to go and thanks for sharing. Have you got a shooting bag or vest to wear it on? Why not wear it with pride and honor our country and your own efforts in protecting our ideals? Nice looking medal.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I've told you before, but it's worth repeating many times.

Thank you for your service to our Country. We are forever in debt to you.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I'm curious. I spent 6 yeas in SAC and MAC, much of it on Cold War RADAR sites. What did you do to quality for the medal? By that I mean what were the reasons stated for the award? I have never seen that award before. I am not and would never question a fellow veteran's valor or sacrifice. I hope I'm making my self clear. And BTW, congratulations. All of us who served gave up something for the betterment of others. Nice to see it recognized brother. :)
Reece Talley

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Maybe there is hope yet that I will get my Good Conduct Medal.. But I doubt it.

·
Molon Labe
11,981 Posts
Congrats and thanks for your service

Reactions: llukesh

·
Premium Member
18,219 Posts
Congratulations and thanks for your service.

Reactions: llukesh
1 - 20 of 20 Posts