Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Will watch just about anything with horses in it, but this being an adaptation of a children's book and having Steven Spielberg's name on it put me off just a bit. His films seem to end up kind of smarmy/hokey to me.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I've wanted to see it since it first came out.........looks like a great movie from the clips I've seen...........If its Speilburg its got to be good.

D.P.Reynolds

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Couldn't even get to the WAR part of this. Overscored, unbelievable to the extreme and overwrought as Spielberg always does. Ugh! 45 minutes of my life wasted.

rm

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
You've seen it before when it was "Lassie Come Home" only with a horse instead of a dog. It's good not great. Rent it for a buck or two fron Red Box or Blockbuster vending machines.

Eric

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
It was a very good movie in this era of shoot'm'up bang-bang. Watched Secretariat a week later and loved it.

Further, I just watched ' We Bought A Zoo '...WOW...what a great movie.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good drama/action picture as much as the next guy. But, it is nice to get out of the 'hollywerd' political prospective for a while.

Happy Easter,

Bernie

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
Problem with Speilberg, is while makes good movies, the money I give him, ends up in the Democrat war chest.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
But it's his money to spend the way he wants to. Just like you can spend your money the way you want to.

Eric

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
Yes, Eric and I don't have to give him mine.

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Calvin, it was excellent. Terrific movie.

Blade, wife went to Florida to look at a house and I stayed back. Watched the movie and I needed that box of kleenex.

Coyote, quit going to Costco. I got mine at Target for $14.99.

Mike.

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Blade,I like animals more than people. You can tell, just look at my dog on the Dog Candy post. I hated seeing that horse all caught up in that barbed wire. I was gritting my teeth. Mike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.