Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in need of a new or excellent condition spare rib for a Browning Plus gun that is the longer of the two types ever made...the correct one would fit either the 34"99 plus or the 32" Citori Plus.

ALSO****...if anyone has detailed instruction to remove/replace the rib please post that also..it looks pretty straight forward and simple but its always better to know wat to expect like if I need to beware of exploding springs and such...thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wanted: Rib Unit for 34

Thanks Bulge...tried them and they are out at this time...tried getting through to Browning and they must have been mucho busy because I never got a human to pick up the line

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

ttt...anybody else out there replaced one to send me a pointer or 3???..I'm guessin I need to drive the tiny roll-pin out that retains the rib height elevation adjustment screw??

·
Registered
607 Posts

Actually if I remember correctly you remove the pin in the muzzle end of the rib. This will allow the rib to hinge straight up and away from the barrel. I think it will then come out of the reare adjustment block. But sometimes my memory is a bit foggy. What is wrong with the old rib? Good luck, Tim

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks Tim...got the gun cheap because it had a rack mishap...the breech end og the rib nearest the height adjust screw,..it had dented and messed up a full inch of the stipled top surface of the rib...had thought of maybe sending it to Keen Site to see if they could resurface and recut the checkered rib top and refinish satin black

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.